cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From SAP, ToSAP pass attributes...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello IDM peeps,

Just a quick question relating to an area that seems to have little if any documentation.....'Pass types' integrating with the abap back ends.

Essentially I am comfortable with the entire integration from SAP, via the IC and back to SAP....but only with attribute definitions that I can see in the standard ABAP Connectors, as I can then use these and modify the inputs to them any way I see fit via constants and scripts.  Does anyone have or know of a comprehensive list of 'Attribute' values that are used in these passes?  Any doco suggestions on this? Or alternatively an approach to determine an attribute value for an ABAP field definition?

For example:

The standard IDM pass; Provisioning Framework > Connectors > AS ABAP Tasks > CreateABAPUser

Within the 'Destination' tab of this pass you have defined values as per the screenshot attachment,

The values listed as 'Attribute' in this screenshot are what I am referring to.

For example, on creation of an abap user I am trying to create a 'User Group' value on the Logon Data tab in the abap system via SU01.  I cannot find an applicable attribute to use for this.  If I had the attribute this would be a doddle, but without it and/or the application processing the update I am flying blind.

There is a 'usergroups' attribute available in the ToSAP pass, though this is applicable to the user group in the 'Groups' tab of the user not the user group for authorisation above.

Any help in identifying either doco or a method of identifying all available attributes would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Whitebrook

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

see the links below which details the BAPIs called by IdM by the ABAP and Business Suite connectors

Technical Overview of BAPIs used to connect to ABAP Application Servers
http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/LYC9Ew

Technical Overview of BAPIs used to connect to Business Suite ABAP Application Servers
http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/rwDPEw

If you have some knowledge of the ABAP BAPIs you can see the parameters directly in the BAPI code which correspond to the mapping in the framework as seen in the IdM MMC console.

Hope it helps.

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffi! and Christopher!

Both useful pieces of the puzzle.  I have been using the schema doco religiously as I find it extremely useful.  I had seen the abap system refs in there but it did not seem a comprehensive list (eg UClassLicType, which I found on another post).  I wonder why our friends at SAP do not update this doc with all config parameters and attributes given they have done most?

Thanks also for the BAPI list, that should be useful as I had not seen that before.  One more piece in the jigsaw that is IDM!

ps..I also just referenced my database tables on the assumption that the BAPIs would have to refernce fields based on table headings.  I found this quite useful in areas such as sapREPOSITORYuser tables where I could take a multitude of attributes directly from the table headers....where we managed to get CompanyID, though I mapped it to the alternate user group attribute.

Cheers

Andrew

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

The "Appendix B" (section 6 and 6.1) of IDM SAP provisioning framework configuration guide( SAP NetWeaver Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: Configuration Guide), explains the attributes mapping between IDM and ABAP system. Please you can find it from following SCN IDM documentation list page:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8397

Hope this should be the doc you are searching for?

BR, Keith

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

since I was searching for exactly the same documentation, I found the ( > Identity Center General Documents).  Some of the attributes are listed and explained in there in section 2, "Alphabetical list of attributes with ABAP mapping".

Also, we use "CompanyId" as the attribute to fill the user group in SAP, the IdM-attribute counterpart is "MX_ADMIN_UNIT". So I hope this helps at least with this. ^^

Regards,

Steffi.