Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAE Sync Message Payload and message retention PI7.11

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using PI7.11 Advanced Adapter Engine(AAE) configuration for one of the sync scenario. The payload is not stored by AAE for sync scenarios.

However there is a option available in NWA("messaging.syncMessageRemover.removeBody = false) to save it. However this data is stored in cache memory and hence to enable it will it inversely impact the memory. Also the message is stored for only 1hr, can we store for 1-2 days or will it impact the system?

Now my question is, Is there a standard SAP document that recommends on not saving the Payload or otherwise in production environment. Please suggest if we can store the payload and messages for 1-2 days and if it impacts the system.

Has anyone tried this parameter without impacting prod system?

Please let me know your views on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Message retention for successful synchronous messages in integration engine or cache is not recommended in production.

I am curious why do you need to increase the retention period for 1-2 days.

Cheers,

Ambrish

AbhishekGupta1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

SAP never suggest to change messaging.syncMessageRemover.removeBody parameter in production system.

This can create OutOfMemoryErrors in the SAP J2EE Engine.

Anyway, if you want messages messages to stay more time, try to change value of messaging.syncMessageRemover.checkInterval

Also change messaging.syncMessageRemover.messageCount

Try to test them in non-prod system with similar to production load.

Regards,

Abhi