cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require address of the ship-to party in sales order to be the delivery address in the automatic PO created

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario for automatic PO creation , where I need some help.

There is a custom item category used in my company, where the checkbox “Create PO automatic” is checked. In the sales organization settings (OVXC), the order type has also been maintained as “NB” (ALE :data for PO). Info record is present, so when the sales order, using this custom item category is saved, one P.Req.  and  one PO  get created automatically.

The only problem is that since this is not the standard third party item category (TAS or TAB), the delivery address in the PO is not that of the ship-to customer of the sales order but that of the plant in the PO.

My requirement is that I want the delivery address in the PO to be the address of the ship-to party in the sales order, from where the PO is getting triggered.

How to achieve this?

Regards

P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard, PO delivery Header is SHIP TO PARTY address only for third party process

this address would be Plant address of sales order in case of Individual Purchase order

so according to above, address displayed on PO without third party process would be plant address which is correct in your case

regards,

santosh

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

Yes, I know that my system presently is working in the standard way and pulling up the plant address.

However, my requirement is that system should change this to the address of the ship-to party, in the sales order (w.r.t  which the PO got created automatically).

Can any one please suggest any user exit to do the same?

[I am thinking that from 'account assignment' tab in PO, first sales order no. should be picked up and then from the sales order header, the ship-to party shuould be picked up. Then from table KNA1, for this ship to party no. (field Kunnr), the address no. should be picked up (field ADRN2). If this ADRN2 is populated in the highlighted field below, then the address will get changed automatically to the ship-to party address in the PO.]

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with the BADI provided in the link http://scn.sap.com/thread/1902136

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rudra,

Can you please check and assign the specific vendor for the sales organization in OVX5 tcode. Also make sure to maintain the appropriate "Ship To" partner in vendor master data via VD02 for the particular vendor (if you want you can also maintain same as it is coming in sales order from sold to partner and make it as "DEFAULT").

Also refer note   332475 specially point 7 (must read Notes 374313 and 442416).

Kindly let me know in case of any queries.

I hope this will help you in resolving your issue.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavin,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you please explain a little more?VD02 is the transaction to change customer master record.

Do you want the ship-to customer to be maintained in XK02 in the following location:

Please explain the steps you want me to do.

Secondly, the ship-to party in the sales order can vary from one sales order to other. My requirement is that whatever be the ship-to party no. in the sales order, the corrsponding address should be populated as the delivery address of the PO created automatically. So, associating my vendor with a specific customer no. will , I think, not solve my problem.

Can I go for any development or user exit, which will go and change the delivery address of the PO when it is getting created?

Regards

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rudra,

I appologise, it was a typo error. It is XK02 only for vendor change. While going in the XK02, there is an option for 'partner functions' in purchasing organisation data. But if you want to change ship to every time when purchase order is created then you might go for userexit and you can fetch the data from VBAP table.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Bhavin, for your reply.

Any suggestions about what user exits might be helpful?