Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI UPgragde from 7.11 to 7.3 Java Stack

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My company is planning to upgrade from PI7.11 to PI7.3 Java Stack only.

1. As we are on dual stack and planning to move to Java Stack,  should we be doing Upgrade or New installation is required?
  2. What all things I should be careful off?
  3. Is there any checklist available which can help me to be on track?
  4. We have IDOC, RFC Adapters heavily used in our interfaces, is there any advise from your experience?
  5. We have  550+ interfaces in current system. Is there any time frame should you recommend?
  6. We have almost 16 BPM interfaces, is it hard to rebuild the new BPM interfaces in PI 7.3?

Please feel free to give any advice if I missed any question,

This is going to be really critical project for us, really appreciate your help with this planning.

Regards

Ria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

1. As we are on dual stack and planning to move to Java Stack,  should we be doing Upgrade or New installation is required?

If you have so many scenarios created i think it is better the uppgrade. But, to have an overall vision i recommend you to read this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16247

2. What all things I should be careful off?

You should check all your scenarios of course. Pay attention to java mappings, UDF, abap mappings, BPMs.

3. Is there any checklist available which can help me to be on track?

Official?, i dont know, You can check the wide SCN documentation like William Li's blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/02/29/migration-of-integration-scenario...

6. We have almost 16 BPM interfaces, is it hard to rebuild the new BPM interfaces in PI 7.3?

There are not BPMs in java only stack, may be you should consider to purchase PO or to make a dual installation.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Here goes my suggestion:

Ans: Moving from dual stack to single stack is always a new installation.

1. What all things I should be careful off?

Ans: You need to take care of conversion from Classical configuration to ICO configuration. The IDOC, HTTP and XI adapter has to be replaced with JAVA_IDOC, JAVA_HTTP and SOAP with XI protocol respectively. The configuration has to be done manually.

1. Is there any checklist available which can help me to be on track?

Ans: A search on SDN would be helpful for this.

1. We have IDOC, RFC Adapters heavily used in our interfaces, is there any advise from your experience?

Ans: IDOC adapter needs to be changed with JAVA_IDOC adapter, no change in RFC adapter but yes the RFC destination has to be changed or better say to be recreated in NWA and configured.

1. We have  550+ interfaces in current system. Is there any time frame should you recommend?

Ans: It all depends on the risk involved as per interface/business criticality and number of resources available for this migration project.

1. We have almost 16 BPM interfaces, is it hard to rebuild the new BPM interfaces in PI 7.3?

Ans: in Java stack PO server you have NWBPM which has to be redesigned and rebuild using NWDS which is an eclipse based tool. We have good blogs from william on this.(http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90308598-4b8d-2f10-4a9a-b78973859...)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Anand

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

In addition to the reference docs provided by Inaki, you can exlpore below link also. Hope it will be helpful.

Decision making factors when moving to SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.3

Regards,

Pranil.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

This blog might give some information for your requirement...

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/09/12/top-5-reasons-to-upgrade-to-pi-73

Cheers

Agasthuri