cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of files picked up by file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario in which - I have a large number of files at the same time - to be picked up by the file adapter - each file is very small in size - like a token file a few k in size.

If I have - say 1000 files present in the folder meeting the criteria to be picked up , will the comm.channel pick up all of the 1000 - or is there a limit - on the number of files picked up in each polling ? Where is this limit set - in the comm. channel definition or somewhere on the J2EE engine at a much higher level ?

Any correct answers will be instantly rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi kathik

these kind of stuffs are refered to sizing in xi. u will be definig the size of the message for processing by asyc and sync interface. so inthis scenario is dependant on sizing. if u have enough KB/MB to do the processing then u will be able to do it. sizing is nothing all about the hardware req....there are cases where u can process mre than 5000 files. Limit is based on hardware settings !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

karthik,

this should not be problem as long as you have enuough memeroy,server cinfiguration to process such larger files.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Refer to the following

SAP Note 821267 - Q 14 and others

SAP Note849089

Also, this could help u out

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

Thanks for your answers - what I am looking for is some parameter on the J2EE server or on the ABAP side that would control/ limit the number of files being picked up - simultaneously.....based on the SAP notes - I am not sure whether this is java heap size ( which seems to control what the maximum file size that could be processed )

I just do not want to be surprised - and would want to know roughly what the limit is in my system settings