Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Maps

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have few problems regarding the Imports Maps --

1)I have made a client system say MDC R/3 2 to which i have assigned the ports(Inbound and Outbound).Now in the console while making the ports I m unable to see the any of import maps, bcoz of which i unable to see any of imort maps in the Import manager(when i use File--> open).

2) Also , can anybody tell where the maps that we make in Import Manager are stored in Import Manager

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

The import maps that you create in Import Manager are specific to a Client system. Please note that while creating an import map you specify the Client system in the Map properties which are saved along with your map.

Also the maps u assign to your port must be created in advance. So plz specify the same the next time you create your map and select that map for your port.

Please let me know if this helped your cause.

Regards,

Siddharth.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Qn2)

Maps are stored in the Repository.

As a side note, when you archive the repository(Dev) and unarchive in a different database server/MDM Server (QA), these maps are seen in the QA environment.

You can use the import and export functionality to transport maps from one environment to another.

All maps are stored in the Repository.

Each Port can have a association to only one map.