cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI returns to global section when filters are set in mobile (iPad)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a WEBI with sections and input controls(filters). In the mobile space (iPad) the report returns to the globel state when filters are set no matter which section you wer in when the filters were set. Can this be stopped where the report remains in the section after the filters are set?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Symptom

Opening a report in BI Mobile should show the section name at all times

Environment

• SAP BusinessObjects BI Mobile 5.0.5
  • SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.x/BOE XI 3.x

Reproducing the Issue

• Open a WebI document with sections and several reports in BI Mobile
    NOTE: The WebI report is designed as "refresh on open" 
  • When the document is opened initally on iPhone the section name is not shown 
  • When choosing another report from the report list the section name is visible on all reports using the vertical screen

Cause

The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01694403

Thanks,
Sapanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sapanesh:

Reporoducing the issue is more like

1 - open WEBI with sections and filters on a mobile device

2 - navigate to (select) one of the sections

3 - selecone of the filters (input controls in the launcapad version) and change

4 - see that WEBI has returned to the top level and you now have to renavigate to the section

If I understand you this has been logged in ADAPT01694403. How do you find these problem Reports?

Thanks

Chris

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I have seen this issue in webi as well, you mean this is only with mobi device.

and working fine with bilanchpad in windows?

kindly cross check and confirm,

Thanks,
Sapanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sapanesh:

Yes - this is only an issue in the mobile environment where you select a section and then when in the section change a filter and the report returns to the top level. The filter is still as you changed it but you then have to go ack into the section you were juet in.

In the launchpad the report stays in the section you are in and you can change filters with no problem.

Chris

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Do we have lower IOS version to test, have you check the PAR guide for mobile in service market place,\?

kindly let me know the exect BO, mobi and IOS version.

Thanks,
Sapanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the exact same config - iPad 6.1.3, BI Mobile 5.0.7 and BO 4.0

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just downloaded BI Mobile 5.0.13. Now when you navigate to a section and set filters there it stays there. However, you cannot return to the gobal (highest) level unless you remove all filters set. Can SAP BI Mobile get anything right????

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't upgraded my iPad OS yet so I'm on 6.1.3; SAP BO v4.0 and BI Mobile 5.0

I see the exact same behaviour of going to a latter section, using the Input Control to filter the data and the iPad refreshes; putting you back at the outer level so that you have to reselect the Section you were in at the time you used the Input Control.

Even maximising the table being controlled by the Input Control and using the IC from the toolbar; this behaviour is not altered, so this is rather confusing as the table now shows data from a completely different section to the one you were in at the time you use the IC.

So no answer but I can confirm this is happens on the above config too.

cheers

M.