cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling unit output determination questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured a new output type for a custom label we need to implement for handling units.   It is assigned as V6, for Ship-to Party/Shipping Material.

In VL01N or VL02N, I am able to create the handling units and pack the delivery line item materials into them.

I am able to manually assign the output type to the handling unit in VL01N/VL02N, but have not been successful in getting the output type to auto populate.  I have verified that it is not populated after packing the HU and saving from VL01N, or when doing from VL02N, or after PGI.

I have been searching the forums and have not found the answers I need.

1.  Is it possible for the output type to automatically populate for a handling unit?  If so, at what point should this happen?  I would think based on how our custom label output types for delivery documents behave, it would assign after save from either VL01N or VL02N.

2.  When I create the HU, I specify a VERP packaging material number that represents the carton in order to create the HU.  I do not have the material on the sales order or delivery as a line-item, and I am not getting any error messages indicating that it should be. 

If this should work the way we expect it to, any suggestions on what I have overlooked that would prevent my output type from automatically assigning?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

check in master material, for the packing material you use what packaging mat type you have (view sales:general/plant)

Then run VHAR and select your packaging material type. There you'll find two fields to fill: output determination procedure and output type

Run NACE , application V6 and click on procedures button. Select the one you filled in previous step and click on control. Add if not yet there, the message you filled in previous step

Finally, run NACR, application V6 to create a output record for your message. Type in your packaging material type and enter details (partner function not required)

Now when creating the delivery and packing, if you go to edit, pack ,system will display existing hus. Double click a hu line item and in next screen (detailed data for handling unit xxx)  select extras, output and your message should be determined authomatically

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

Thank you for your answers.  They were most helpful.  I was finally able to get the new Output Type to assign after I created the HU's and saved the delivery.

Hopefully you won't mind if I ask some related questions.

1.  If I went to VL02N for a delivery where I had already created the handling unit, it did not automatically get the Output Type assigned when I saved.  (Like it does for our delivery based labels when I add a user in NACE that previously wasn't identified to get the label.)   Is this the normal behavior for HU-based output or am I still missing something in my setup?

2. I did the VHAR step and specified both the Output Determination Procedure and the Output Type of my new label,as suggested.   This did work once I finally tested by creating a new HU for a delivery, rather than checking an existing delivery/HU.  Is entering the Output Type here critical?  If another customer has a different label format, I think assigning the Output Type here this will cause a problem for us.  (I haven't had a chance to change the config to remove this and see if the Output assigns based on references elsewhere, now that I know it seems to assign only when the HU is initially created.)

Thanks again!

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

1. Yes, that's normal behaviour. When you packed system could determine any procedure to determine authomatically the ouput. As far as I know, the only way to get the output for previous deliveries would be add it manually or pack again.

2. You don't need to maintain in VHAR output type. System will look for all output types you've maintained in the output determination procedure.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!   Your answers helped clear up some questions we had.  And I've removed the output type from the VHAR configuration and the system assigns output type when we pack.   Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi, Dave, Joan, everyone,

Nice day. I'm doing a customization to an existing HU output & I've facing some difficulties.

How should I do to maintain this output type (ZALC) with multiple customers in same plant ABC, the same program I use & there's asterisk * entry for my Customer field in my customized table. How to verify whether the entries have successfully maintained? Any ideas/references of steps will be much appreciated. Thanks.