Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF forms not printed correctly via sapsprint

tobias_gbel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SCN Community,

i have a problem with printing PDF forms from SAP via SAPSprint.

My situation:

- Printerobject is located on windows printserver

- Printserver has installed newest version of SAPSprint and SAPPDFPrint

- Spoolfile (PDF) gets created correclty and can be viewed via SP01 --> Acrobat --> Everything seems all right

My problem:

- Some Elements are printed in crazy colours when they come out of the phsyical printer

- Grey areas get printed in RED, barcodes and outlines of boxes also RED

- Seems like SAPSprint mixes up colour layers or sth like that

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

I uploaded a screenshot of one of the defective printouts (please note that green coloured areas are areas that i manually blackened. All other colours are as they came out of the printer)

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_gbel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your fast replys!

- We use a PostScript driver for the windows printer objects.

- HPLJ4 results in the same printout as shown in attachment.

- POST2 does not create any output file - instead error log says: Status: incorrect (Reason unknown)

Kind regards,

Tobias

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the printer model info?

What is the version of SAPSprint that you used?

What is the version of SAPPDFPrint that you used?

Do you have access to the SAPSprint log files on the print server?  <Drive>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAPSprint\Logs\*.dbg  It would be interesting to see what is being logged for these botched print outs.

Also something interesting that I have found in my environment is that end users have PCL windows drivers installed, however I set SAP printers up with POST2 and print outs work without issue...you would think I would have a PCL vs PostScript issue on the Windows print server.

I also have never heard of SAPPDFPrint until this post came along, and looks to only be needed for Adobe Interactive forms, which is apparently different from a PDF generation; that how I interpreted it - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/4b/7bd20dcc3537f4e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Is it possible to remove/shut down the SAPPDFPrint service and test it again?

tobias_gbel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

thanks again for your answers and suggestions.

We use the newest versions of SAPSprint and SAPPDFPrint (730 Final Release).

What exactly do you mean by printer model info? We only have Lexmark printers (different models) and encounter the problem independent from the model.

In the meantime we managed to find a way to solve the issue. It is possible to easily assign different *.xdc files to device types via report RSPO0022. After changing the XDC type from pcl to pdf for the corresponding devicy type the printouts come out fine.

Nonetheless i would like to know what is the technical background of these xdc mappings.

Also this "new" mapping only works with the new versions >730 of SAPSprint and SAPPDFPrint. Old version <=720 (not sure which "patchlevel") do not work for adobe printouts.

Kind regards,

Tobias

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Printer+Vendor+Program+-+PVP

The important line item (star) 1135058 for Lexmarks, wanted to verify you have supported printers.

Unfortunately I don't have any dealings with xdc so I'm not going to be much help with tracking down how to resolve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tobias_gbel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @ all,

after printing with the adjusted xdc mapping for several weeks successfully i now declare this problem solved.

I will mark the corresponding post as "correct answer".

Thanks for all your help!

Kind regards,

Tobias

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent to hear that the problem got resolved!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens when you print preview the spool and hit the adobe print button, does the problem replicate?

Do non-SAP documents print without issue on the same printer?

What device type are you using for that printer?

What is the printer setup as in SPAD?

tobias_gbel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

- If i print from preview with the adobe print button everything works fine (this way does not go via sapsprint).

- Non SAP documents print out just fine.

Printer settings:

- Device Type: usually we use a copy of SWIN - but i have tried several device types without success.

- Access method: S

- Hostprinter: network printer name with print object lying on separate printserver (stated at destination host)

Kind regards,

Tobias

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What windows type driver is being used a PCL compliant one or a PostScript compliant one?

Can you report what happens when you use the following device types:

HPLJ4  : HP Laserjet 4 series PCL-5

POST2 : PS lv.2 Latin1