cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create MDO object dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to create a MDO object dynamically at run time?

Thanks & Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rutika_bodas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

There is no such way to 'create' an MDO object dynamically, but you can populate data in a pre-created empty MDO object dynamically, as required.

Use MDO Query in a transaction in its 'INSERT' mode to dynamically populate the pre-created MDO object with relevant data as and when needed.

--Rutika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rutika,

Thanks for your reply, I know that we can insert update delete dynamically but my requirement is to create MDO object dynamically at run time based on the user selected inputs.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you need to look at the problem from a different approach.

I don't have the details of the requirements but it sounds as if your problem is not a technical but an architecture one.

Look at your data structures and processes and don't mix back-end with front-end!

The MDO is not there to present the data to the user in a specific way but to aggregate data dynamically or serve as a simple DB.

What the user sees should be based on this info, processed and presented in a smart & intuitive way

If you need a lot of flexibility and complex queries you might even consider client side databases. These can be created and manipulated on the fly and might serve as the data model for your presentation. maybe indexedDB or dojo?

And of course, you can go and look at frameworks like Angular.js