cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM->ECC: Multiple address segments in CREMDM idoc

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anyone tried to process multiple addresses in CREMDM idoc when sending vendor data from MDM to ECC via XI?

With one address in E1BPAD1VL, address segment of CREMDM idoc, a vendor record was created in ECC successfully with name and address fields populated properly.

With multiple addresses (multiple E1BPAD1VL segments), a vendor record was created in ECC but the vendor address fields were not populated at all (not in LFA1 or ADRC tables).

In ECC, I see the multiple address segments in ADRMAS idoc (XI splits CREMDM into ADRMAS and CREMAS).

First, I'd like to understand why the vendor address fields are not being populated.

Second, I'd like to know how the vendor would be created with multiple addresses in ECC.

Any inputs/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Susan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Adhappan,

Thanks for your response. Are you referring to Central Address Management in configuration (IMG -> SAP Netweaver -> Application Server ->...-> Address Management)? If so, it doesn't really help answer my questions.

I checked sap.help.com as well, but didn't find anything regarding multiple address segments.

fyi...we're utilizing standard Vendor Master maintenance via transactions XK01/XK02, but not utilizing Business Partner functionality in ECC, though I don't know if that would make any difference.

Let me know if I misinterpreted your response.

Thanks,

Susan

Thanks,

Susan

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

only the Business Partner Model is able to store multiple addresses per object. If you use the vendor the data model allows only one address per object. If you want to store multiple addresses for vendors you have to use the partner functions. You have to assign a purchasing organization first. Now you can assign partner functions like "ship-to", "bill-to", and so on. The partner itself hast to be an existing vendor in the system. So to sum it up: in the vendor model you have to create "duplicates" for each object with more than one address.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look at the Central Address Management in ECC.

All vendor address are managed using the Central Address Management.

You can refer to SAP help on Central Address Management.