cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Values in DP Planning Book for BASE UOM different than PA UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Base UOM is PAC and my Planning Area UOm is PC.

In the Material Master i have a conversion of 5 PC = 1 PAC.

I have loaded the data in Cube in UOM PAC say 415 PAC.

BUt when i load this data in Planning Book using TSCUBE i can see value as 83 instead on 415.

I have maintained the UOM tick in the PA for DP.

I want that the qty should be 415 in my PB

Can someone guide me from where this 83 came and waht should i do to get 415.

thansk

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

What is the UoM in your Planning Area? It seems, the UoM in your Planning Area is PC. That is why whatever you loaded from Infocube (in PAC) is loaded as PC in Planning area.

While displaying that in planning book in PAC, it is converting the 415 PC to 83 PAC and that s how you are getting the value 83.

Please make sure you load the planning area with UoM - PC instead of PAC, if you have UoM in planning area as PC.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks Naga and Manimaran,

Yes my PA UOM is PC and am loading the data in BAse UOM as business wants that watever data is loaded shoudl be seen in teh abse uom and not PA UOM.

So if am loading 415 PC and when i see in Planning bok it shows me 83 which is wrong as my planning will go wrong with this reduced value.iS there anyway wherein watever qty i load from the excel file is displayed as it is in the planning book under BASE UOM.

i.e 415 should be seen as 415 PAC in the planning book.

Thanks.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

please load 415*5=2075 in the planning book then you can see 415 PAC in your planing book.

Thanks,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

You mean in excel ?

I cannot do that coz there are many SKUs with different conversion ratio between PC and base UOM.

I dont think my client would be ready to buy this idea.

I thought writing a routine in the infocube but my BW consultant is struggling to do it.

Can you share if you have written a routine like this before.

The logic would be to search the conversion ratio between PC and base uom and to multiply bhy the that value with the qty.

Thanks.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

By default the Planning book data will be in PA UOM .

If not done this already...

In the interactive DP transcation (/SAPAPO/SDP94), in the Setting menu, "Maintrain User Settings", you can set the UOM for the planning book/User/Selection.

Here you may set PAC which is  base UOM whereas your PA UOM is PC.

Then the data shown will be in PAC .

As regards your mismatch of numbers in  loading data into infocube and displaying into PB, please check as to which  numbers are loaded in infocube and what is UOM (for loading into infocube).

The UOM conversions are quite basic and do not need any extra macros.

Therefore the functionality works as expected.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Datta for the reply,

yes i know the functionality is correct.

I am loading the data thru excel file in Base UOm  of the material say 100 CASE

i have maintained ALT uom in the material master as 5 PC = 1 CASE.

PC is my Planing area uom.

when i load this data in the cube it shows me as 100 case , but when i load it into the PA then it shows me 20 CASE, which is correct according to the functionality.

What i need is that when i load it in the cube then there should be some routine which will convert this 100 CASE into 500 PC in the infocube , so that wen i load it to PA it will show me again as 100 CASE which is what the user had mainatined in the excel file.

kindly let me know if you have any idea of writing this routine.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unit conversions can be implemented in several ways. If unit conversion factors have been transferred to APO (that is, they can be seen in transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1), they can be directly read from table /SAPAPO/MARM. Material numbers in that table are in internal format, so you need to first convert material number into internal format using function module /SAPAPO/DM_MATERIAL before querying the table.

More convenient way is to use the automatic unit conversion in transformation rules. Check the "Business Explorer"-tab of your product info-object. If field "Units of Measure for Char." has been maintained, it means that a DSO has been generated for storing unit conversion factors. Check the contents of that DSO and ensure that it contains necessary conversion factors. If it does, you can then create quantity conversion type in transaction RSUOM. Once you have done that, you can use the quantity conversion type in transformation rules.

Regards,

Pirkka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prikka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

you loaded the data in pieces or PAC.

If you loaded the data in pieces i.e.,415,it can be 83 PAC..Because 83*5=415 pcs.

Please check hoe you loaded it,if it is pcs its correct only.

Please check is it PCS or PAC?

Thanks,

Naga.