cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition exclusion

former_member597127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, I've this problem and I'm struggling to find a solution. I know that it's one of the fundemental notion in pricing procedure but I'm new in this topic and I've few knowledges in this area.

In our current pricing procedure we've a condition type called ZF01 that is country specific and the related amount is defined in VK11 transaction.

A business requirement is asking to add a new freight condition, called ZF02, which amount is manually entered in the condition of the order.

The total freight amount of the order will be calculated using this rule:

- if ZF02 is not entered then the total freight amount will be calculated using only ZF01 value

- if ZF02 is entered then the total freight amount will be calculated using only ZF02 value

the rule mainly says that ZF02 always wins on ZF01.

To accomplish this I've created the condition ZF02 and trying to codify the rule above I've inserted this exclusion in the pricing procedure

60 D Exclusive ZF02 GEN: RegBasedFrtChrg ZF01 GEN: RegBasedFrtChrg

I thought that it was sufficient however when I've an order with both ZF01 and ZF02 the total freight is the addition of the 2 values.

So maybe this is not the right way in order to have the rule coded?

Can someone help me on this topic?

Luca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luca

This is simpl. Please search and read the functionality of condition exclusion in SAP. You have to create two condition exclusion groups. Assign ZF01 to GRP1 and ZF02 to GRP2. Then maintain condition exclusion for pricing procedures. You can do this in SD Pricing node. For your reference please check this document. Maintain condition exclusion procedure D.

http://www.learnsaptips.com/2012/12/condition-exclusion.html

Thank$

former_member597127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moazza, thanks a lot for your reply. I've already created 2 groups (called as the conditions) and assigned to ZF01 and ZF02, then I've entered this row in the exclusions of the pricing procedure

60 D Exclusive ZF02 GEN: RegBasedFrtChrg ZF01 GEN: RegBasedFrtChrg

but it still not work.

Unfortunately our proxy is blocking the link you've indicated so I don't know if the answer is there

Are there other pieces of configuration to make ?

thanks

Luca

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes there are other configuration to do for this. Talk to your IT guys and take access of that link if possible or access it from somewhere else

Meanwhile let me tell you that you dont need to do anything in pricing procedure in V/08. What you need to do is in following path.

Thank$

former_member597127
Participant
0 Kudos

I am ashamed to tell you that I AM the IT guy

However what I told before is that the configuration you have just written is what I've already done

Here below how configuration is currently

And it doesn't work ... where I am wrong?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't say anything now as you are IT guy and you have no access of IP may be you are also working in some company like I am working in where the control of IPs lies with some global team

Your configuration looks fine and as per this configuration when ever you will enter ZF02 condition system will make ZF01 condition inactive with yellow indicator in condition tab and it will not be calculated in total. Are you entering ZF02 mannualy in sale order or billing? Is there any other requirement assigned to anyone of these conditions? I am also confused now that why system is not inactiving the condition ZF01.

Thank$

former_member597127
Participant
0 Kudos

Fortunately I've full access to a development system where I've free access to change any configuration (or almost) I need  ... to now ...

Yes, I enter ZF02 manually and reading my SD bible I thought, as you are saying, that all that I've done was sufficient to have the behaviour I'm searching to reach ...

I'm really confused ... however this evening at home I would consult the link you have suggested hopefully I can find something  of helpful ...

in the meantime thanks a lot for your support

Luca

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes sure. Please check that link and test again. It should work fine as your configuration looks ok. Come here with your findigs and update me as well.

Thank$

former_member597127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moazza, I would advice that today it works correctly without any further changes to configuration ... I really don't know what's happened but I've get it

Many thanks for your support

Luca

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometime system behave as it shouldn't and sometime we think that we are doing things right but we actualy miss something. Well I am glad that your issue is resolved

Thank$

Answers (0)