Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS 4.0 Scrambling Condition Sets

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wanted to scramble few of my HCM fields based on condition . I am able to create conditions where the fields are in the same table . My query is I want to create Scrambling rule based on other tables primary key .

Eg: I want to scramble table field PA0006 - LAND01 if the value of PA0002 - NATIO is not US .

I defined the condition set as

( NATIO NE US ) in condition set , but having confusion in table fields , primary table filed of the rule etc . What exactly should be the primary key, will it scramble even PA0002 field ?

Can someone advice please ?

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nibu,

Condition sets can only be created on a Primary Table.

A Primary table is a master table , based on which all the other tables in the rule are scrambled.

For example, if you have employees with nationality as GB in PA0002 , and in PA0006 you have employees also from GB, DE, IN , then only those employees that belong to GB will be scrambled in both PA0002 and PA0006.

So for your issue you can continue with two solutions:

1. If all LAND1 values from PA0006 are available in NATIO from PA0002, you can add PA0002 - NATIO as the primary table-field and set it to 'Do Not Scramble' (since you want to scramble ONLY PA0006). Create the condition sets in Rule UI as NATIO NE US

2. Else you need to write a query to fetch all PERNR - Nationality in your own top include and save it in a global table. Then within your subroutine, you can check if this PERNR does not have US as natio value in from the global table, and then should proceed with the scrambling.

Let me know in case you face issues here.

Best Regards,

Uma Tharmarajan