cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not displayed in Web Dynpro Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got  Page not displayed error in Web Dynpro. I added App server local ip in host file and now the page is displayed correctly.

While i am trying to access from other network(not office network) the error remains same. which means i can only access from office not from my home.

Do i need add any thing in the host file other than App server local IP?

Specifications:

DB: MaxDB

SAP: ECC6

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

There are two kinds of IP address, private IP and public IP. When you access from office network, it is accessible, but from home it's not because the private IP is not accessible from outside of office network. To get it accessible from your home, you can follow any of the following processes :-

1. Take help of network team and assign public IP to that server and access from home.

2. Use CITRIX or  VPN to access from home.

Please let me know in case any further issue.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please talk to the network team and understand the design.

When you login in office network please check the commnad

nslookup hostnameoftheapplicatio

you will see that the ip addess is returned and a dns entry if your company is using DNS entry.

Do same when you are at home

Does the nslookup returns the same output.

Some case when you connect using vpn you are in different sub net than when you login in office.

So best way to check with the network team and understand the design.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

abk07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Please check whether your Java engine is working properly or not. Normally if you have issues with the java engine, webdynpro won't work.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Webdynpro is working in my office. when i am trying to access it from home i cannot.. i gives error page cannot be displayed.

Please suggest.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

In your home pc check the firewall status? VPN access?

Thanks

Ram

abk07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Java ports will not be opened to the outside network due to security issues. Have you tried running the same on other computers and with different login id?

Also, are you able to login to the portal from your home?

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I am using the same notebook in office and home & No VPN.

Thanks

Anil

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

In that case after you are connected VPN. just access any one of the Server by using WTS connection, form there you can check the access.

The same issue happen to us. finally we have kept one desktop pc for WTS connection from there we are access web applications

Thanks

Ram

abk07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Few of the ports will be closed in the company's firewall to restrict access from outside company's network.

You can get a VPN or you can contact your network/firewall team to help you with this.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So this means that the application is open on internet and we can also access it.

Are you sure that you dont use any vpn ore token to connect office network and connect applicaion as very few company will do it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol