cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centralized/Decentralized FireFighter per system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

one question regarding FireFighter: supposing we have multiple systems up and running. Is it possible to configure the GRC System to enable FireFighter to run centralized on some systems and decentralized on the other systems? Is it possible to set this up per system? As far as I know, this does not work, but I would like to hear your opinions about this topic.

Thanks in advance.

EM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Erik:

When enabling the Decentralized EAM scenario, you don't disable the abiltiy to use the Centralized scenario.  It is possible to use both scenarios in the same system.  When the logs are generated those that have been done by firefighters directly in the target system are shaded in the Firefight Log.

With that, you would not be able to have the same firefighter have some systems that are ONLY Centralized OR ONLY Decentralized, they would have the ability to access both ways.

The way that I usually limit the ability for someone using one or the other is via the access to either GRAC_EAM in the Access Control 10.x instance or /GRCPI/GRIA_EAM in the target.  If the Firefighter does not have acces in the target system, then you force the 'Centralized' scenario, but if they have access in the target system as well as the Access Control system, they will be able to utilize either scenario.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Principal Consultant

SAP America, BAS Competency Center

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

many thanks for the very clear explanation - which answers my question. With this occasion, I also got confirmed what I supposed, that by setting parameter 4015 to 1 on the GRC AC system (enabling decentralized FF), you just provide the possibility to use both centralized (if users have access to the GRC AC system) and decentralized FF via the target systems.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

EM