cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform or SAPScript for Zebra Printer 105SL (200 dpi)

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can we use smart forms to develop labels that are to be printed on Zebra Printer 105SL (200 dpi)? As per notes 1113046 & 750772 it should be SAP Script (Device type YZB200). But when we checked forums we found Smartforms being used as well.

Also can we use device type LB_ZEB (device type from SAP) for this?

Please advise.

Regards,

Ravikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that I have 105SLs and the developers choose to do the labels within smartforms.

I also would point you to Device type LZEB2 and you may want to duplicate this device type for custom commands your developers may need call with ZPL2 commands.  Also note that copying a device type does not trigger a transport, if you need a transport you will need to export/import it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Smart Forms are the better option.

For device type LB_ZEB, you have to use the method of SAP notes 179534 and 135894. The print data must be created in a third party program and uploaded to a SAPscript form. Then the alerady created print data is sent from SAP to the printer via the special device type LB_ZEB.

With Smart Forms you create a normal form and use the real Zebra device types of note 1173046.

Regards,

Aidan

0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

If the device type is configured to "YZB200" for the zebra printer 105SL, then will a simple smartform designed for a label work or would I need to use the ZPL II script to get the label output?

Regards,

Esha

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

In this case with device type YZB200, you just use a regular Smart Form. There is no need to put ZPL2 commands into the form.

Regards,
Aidan

0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

I had to change my device type to create zebra scripts due to certain reasons not in my control, I created the label however Im unable to limit my barcode 39 within the label, would you know the zebra script to scale down the barcode to contain it within a label?