cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM 7.13 installation without JAVA Component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in a process of SRM 7.0  EHP3 installation and in installation guide we came across that there  is  an option to install a separate SRM JAVA Server,apart from the SRM ABAP backend.

SRMLAC

SRM Live Auction Cockpit

AS Java

SRM JAVA

SRM Java

AS Java, EP Core

SRM Supp

SRM Supplier

AS Java, EP Core

BP-SRM

SRM Portal Content

AS Java, EP Core, SRM JAVA, BP-SRM-COM

BP-SRM-COM

SRM Business Packages

AS Java, EP Core

BP-Supp

SRM Portal Content Supplier

AS Java, EP Core, SRM Supp

Do we need to install the SRM Java Server as a separate portal or we can continue with our  EP ( with SRM BP ) without installing that SRM JAVA SERVER.

Please post your expert opinions.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

If you already have EP in your landscape, there is no need to SRM JAVA. You just have to delopy SRM BPs on portal and connect SRM ABAP at backend to portal. Thereafter configure SSO and assign roles to users both at backend and portal.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

We don't have the EP in our landscape now and will be installing that as well,so what you suggest us to do now as its a fresh installation for SAP NW EP and SAP SRM.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

If you dont have EP in landscape, you can go either way. But its better to have a portal in landscape and connect SRM system to it at backend. You can even connect other system at the backend such as ECC system  to the portal.

Best Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for the quick response!

I know that we don't require SRM JAVA to use the portal and we can have SRM specific BP in the EP for SRM specific UI.

I like to understand the need to have SRM JAVA mentioned in the SAP Installation guide in the below context:

SRM JAVA

SRM Java

AS Java, EP Core

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't find any specific need to install SRM JAVA . Installation guide covers each and every possible option for installation. SRM JAVA cannot be used for connection with other systems in landscape such as ECC,BI etc. EP on the other hand can be connected to various systems. SRM JAVA is generally installed when landscape is small and also if you don't want to put much load on EP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

So new version, can i ask  the company name?