Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value search help in Adobe interactive form

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey, Web dynpro gurus,

I tried to use Object Value Selector (OVS) to do the value search help in Adobe interactive form, but it did not work.

Is it possible to do the  value search help in the Adobe interactive form?

Thank you in advance!

Fisher Li

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

FYI,

Here are the steps that i did,

1. Drag & drop the context element into the subform, thus creating a UI TextField element, which is mapped to that context element.

2. Add a value help button, from the WebDynrpo Native library.

3. The button and the TextField are in the same subform.

After that, how can I link the "value help" button with the Text field?

Fisher

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value help has a javascript code. Click the blue thin button above the tabs of Design View, Master Pages, etc. Then locate the code var fieldName = "XXX"; then insert the field name inside the double quotes. Then you can now create an OVS.

Regards,

Christian

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the post which has been referred above, you will have to have similar script as here:

In the example, this is HRRCF_C_POSITION. It must also pass the name of the ISR_EVENT as USER_EVENT_POPUP.

$record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_EVENT = "USER_EVENT_POPUP"
$record.HRASR_FORM_WINDOW.DATA[*].FIELD.value = "HRRCF_C_POSITION"

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Big thanks to you, Christian!

I spent almost two days to try to locate where the java scripts is and you show me the answer!

For those have the same problem as I did, please click on the "Search Help" button, then did what Christian said to click the blue thin button above the tabs of Design View and you also need to move the screen frame bar to extend the length of the java script codes screen, then you will see the java codes.

Then locate the code var fieldName = "XXX"; then insert the field name that you want to have search help values.

After that, the "Search Help" button works for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its my pleasure to help you..

Regards,

Christian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Katrice,

I followed the method in your link but it did not work. I created the drop down list and binded it with the field but at the run time, there was no value help.

I wondered what I missed?

Fisher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yu Li.

Refer the following link.Hope it might help you to resolve your issue.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Valuehelp/Index.htm

Thanks

Katrice

bhushan_ghule
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi LI .

you can refer blog by Lan stubbings .

http://scn.sap.com/people/ian.stubbings/blog/2010/02/22/hcm-processes-forms-web-dynpro-abap-search-h...

Here he explain how to show search help in Hcm  Adobe form using webdynpro  . its not exactly related to your requirement but still some what idea you will get it. 

Thanks & regards

Bhushan Ghule