Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while checking in and storing : originals stored in application server

Brunot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

i am facing this annoying problem:

I need to attach originals files to documents.

It will be done using a bapi (create2) which allows to checkin files directly while creating a document.

Unfortunately original files are actually stored on application server (I.E. /usr/SAP/DBMSEG00/work/ )

so when i try to checkin into a document, i get

Error while checking in and storing etc et.

I tried all possibles solutions but still i am not able to make it work.

I seem to have done all customizing with DC20 and i can't find any error.

Same if i use directly CV01N or CV02N ,same behaviour.

IT seems system is not able to "see" files stored on app server, while if i view files using AL11

that works perfectly.

What can be wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

You have placed the file on the application server but the BAPI can only try to access the file via the frontend. The presence of file on the application server could be seen via AL11 however you cannot access the file directly from windows. This is the reason you get an error. For checking in originals in background, API functions are much more flexible, i.e. CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN with RFC destinations defined as SAPHTTPA/SAPFTPA could fulfill your requirements. Therefore please see SAP note 504692, which includes several sample programs which could be helpful by checking in original files in background.

The document BAPIs always require a SAPGUI or an open RFC connection, because this channel is required to start the program SAPHTTP (or SAPFTP) on the client for the check-in. When the BAPI is used in background, the system doesn't know where to get the original files from.

Further please see also SAP note 796709 which contain also necessary information for this action too.

In note 766277 you will find also a complete documentation of all available DMS BAPIs in the attachment. Unfortunately there is not standard solution for such scenarios like explained by you. Because a lot of environment variables could influence the BAPI behavior.

Best regards,

Christoph

Brunot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph, i'll pass it to the basis experts and see if they can fix it.

I'll get back to you asap.

Answers (0)