cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hide Print Version and Export buttons...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are working with the Compensation Planning iView that is part of MSS.  We would like to hide the Print Version and Export buttons that show up.  I have read numerous posts on how to hide them, but that is if you are coding.  Since this is a standard delivered WD ABAP, we only want to hide the buttons for this application.  We have looked in multiple places, but have not had any luck in figuring out where we need to do this.

Anyone else out there have this problem and have been able to figure it out?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I believe you are working on WD Comp 'HRECM00_PLANNING_UI'.

This component is based on OADP.

For disabling the buttons you can do the following:

Implement Post-Exit in Comp controller for method 'OADP_PLNG_CONFIGURE'.

and write the below code:

wd_this->go_oadp_plng_ui_settings->set_datatable_print_on( print_on = abap_false ).

wd_this->go_oadp_plng_ui_settings->set_datatable_export_on( export_on = abap_false ).

Let me know if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for the information.  This is exactly what we figured out.  We put it into the Post-Exit and everything is working perfect.

What we have also done is created a custom authorization object that controls each of the buttons.

Thanks!!

Kevin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

I know this post is marked as answered but I am hoping that it is still being monitored.  I followed the suggestion to add the following code in the Post-Exit in Comp controller for WD 'HRECM00_PLANNING_UI' for method 'OADP_PLNG_CONFIGURE'.

and write the below code:

wd_this->go_oadp_plng_ui_settings->set_datatable_print_on( print_on = abap_false ).

wd_this->go_oadp_plng_ui_settings->set_datatable_export_on( export_on = abap_false ).

This removes the Print Version Button from "Plan Compensation Data" step but it does not review if from the multiple tables presented in the "Review and Submit" step. 

Does anyone know how to remove the Print Version Button from the "Review and Submit" step of ECM Compensation Planning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

You can go into method OADP_REV_INITIALIZE and create a post exit there.  You'll see where the code assigns this... about line 158

lo_oadp_ui_settings->set_datatable_print_on( print_on = abap_true ).

lo_oadp_ui_settings->set_datatable_filter_on( filter_on = abap_true ).

lo_oadp_ui_settings->set_datatable_export_on( export_on = abap_true ).

Put these two lines into a post exist and chnge it to abap_false.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kevin

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I haven't done much with OO coding and webdynpro ABAP.  I tried adding the 2 lines as you suggested but get a system dump.  I'm sure I need to add more code, just not sure what to add.

I noticed that   lo_oadp_ui_settings is used later in the method to initialize the OADP.  Seems like the post exit would need to do this also. I think I would also have to have the other data in the method call.

*   Init the OADP
    ls_oadp_reference-oadp_reference->init_data_from_dataview(
      EXPORTING
        cache_maxage        = 0
        initial_ui_settings = lo_oadp_ui_settings
        instance_id         = ls_oadp_reference-oadp_instance_id
        dataview            = ls_t71adm31_config-oadp_dataview
        data_dest           = ' '
        user                = wd_this->gv_current_user ).

Would it be better to create an overwrite exit?  I would copy all of the code and change the value for the set_datatable_print_on to abap_false. 

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

Kevin,

How did you deal with removing the Print Version from the "Review and Submit" step or did you leave it there?

I know that there is some risk with  an overwrite exit if SAP makes changes to the base code for the method.  As you mentioned, this is probably the easiest solution if it works but could cause issues down the road.

My lack of experience with the OO coding has made this a challenge for the Post Exit.

Thanks for your assistance and input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Joyce,

You can do an overwrite.  The one thing with an overwrite is that if there is any updates to standard code for the method, then you won't get those updates in your code, but sometimes this is the easiest method.

I always try to do my coding in a post-exit, but I have done overwrites as well.

In this overwrite, you would only need to change the two values from true to false.

Give it a shot and if it works, great.  You can always try to see if there is a way of doing it in a post exit.

Cheers,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Joyce,

I found my code from another project, and for the method OADP_REV_INITIALIZE, I did do an overwrite-exit to hide the print and export buttons.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kevin

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thank you so much for your help and assistance.  The overwrite-exit worked perfectly.

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kevin,

Please find the link, it might help you http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5568

Thanks,

Sankaresh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can use the Enhancement's in standard wd components to hide the buttons .

You can identify the method where exactly ALV is getting build and you can make the visibility as 01 to not show the export and print buttons.

When you use overwrite , copy the code from the method and use the same in your new method which overwrites and insert the below where ever necessary..

DATA: lt_functions TYPE salv_wd_t_function_std_ref.

DATA: ls_functions TYPE salv_wd_s_function_std_ref.

lv_value->if_salv_wd_mass_edit_settings~set_default_values_visible( EXPORTING value = abap_true ).

lt_functions = lv_value->if_salv_wd_function_settings~get_functions_std( ).

LOOP AT lt_functions INTO ls_functions.

CASE ls_functions-id.

WHEN 'SALV_WD_EXPORT'.

lv_value->if_salv_wd_function_settings~set_visible( 01 ).

ENDCASE.

Please let me know if you need more details..

With regards,

Meghasyam.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Open the respective Application/Application Configuration in SE80 and go to

Web Dypro configuration-> Test-> Execute in Administrator mode. Right click on the two buttons and select Settings for Current Configuration.

Now change the Visibility property to Invisible and save it to a TR. That's it.

Please let me know, are you able to resolve or you need some alternate way.

BR,

RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I had been in the configuration like this before.  The problem here is that even if you right-click on the buttons, there are no properties for them, and therefore, no way to hide the buttons.  I wish it was that easy.

This is what I see when I right click on the buttons:

There is nothing in there as you can see.

Thanks,

Kevin

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You are almost nearer to your result.

See you are now looking for the properties of the tabular column(Check, Notes, Employee,etc). But you need to modify the properties of the button(Totally six buttons) that resides just above to the tabular column..

So it's clear that you have been looking the properties of the tabular column. Please make sure that you check for the button properties.

With Regards,

RAM