cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export translations / forms / development sa part of upg from NW 7.2 EHP2 -NW 7.3

Pradeepgali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are planning to do upgrade from SAP NW 7.0 EHP2 to SAP NW 7.3 and I want to know is there any way we can export the current translatios , forms and any custom development from source systems(NW 7.0 EHP2) and then import the same to the target systems( NW 7.3)..

Please share you comments....

Thanks

Pradeep.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pradeepgali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are doing a portal upgrade from SAP NW 7.1 EHP2 to SAP NW 7.3 EHP1.

We have custom translations, custom forms and Iviews under a custom folder i.e. not located inside the 'Content provided by SAP' folder.

I was told that content will be available on the system as long as it is not located inside the 'Content provided by SAP' folder..

Thanks

Pradeep.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simple question how were these created and transported ? using Par files if yes then upgrade will try to migrate these config as us can see in the below screen.

But we have seen some issues that some of the par files were not migrated across and the developers had to get the changes and  reconfigure using NWDS and redeploy them.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the upgrade SUM tool will only pop you to reset or adjust those changes that are related to SAP and have been customised.

So you need to check which all object are reported in SPAU and SPDD. For SPDD you should reset the chnages at the shot and for SPAU you can adjust them after the upgrade.

So to help all the functionality work after the upgrade you need to check which all custom bit was added in the object popped in SPAU and SPDD.

Rest all the Custom development will still be there.

In case of portal the object are migrated across but due to many changes as par file will not work you need to convert the par to ear and then try to deploy it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

When you perform a system upgrade , after its completion you will be given an option to retain your user exits or to adopt the new SAP code.

Anything which is in customer namesapce Z , Y will not be touched.

Regards

Amit Padmawar