cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 EhP 1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been tasked with building a PI server in a sandbox scenario in order to test the product and its functionality.

I am a SAP Basis Administrator.

I've been reading documentation for 30 days and I think I could read for another 30, but its time to kick the tires.

Any advice out there before I start? Any tips? I'm looking at windows/oracle install.

I've started to download all the software and prepare my kit and I see in the Media list document for PI 7.1 EHp1, it asks for :

Installation Master/Kernel/TREX

SAP EHP1 for SAP NW PI 7.1

SAP EHP1 for SAP NW Mobile 7.1

SAP EHP1 for SAP NW ABAP 7.1

Why is it asking for Mobile? Is this just a reference in the document to the name of the media package?

I'm also grabbing SPM 1.0 SP3, SL Controller, Kernel, oracle.

Anything else I'm missing? JDK maybe?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Bearing in mind that they NW stack of PI should not be below any other system, then you ought to go to NW 7.4.  If you don't need the Business Rules of the ABAP stack, then you could go with PI-AEX as it has the communications channels without the overhead of the other stack.

Take care where you put the SLD too, as PI won't run without the SLD up and readable, so often PI has a local SLD which has its data populated from another (central) SLD.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok you talked me into it, 731 it is.

I'm looking quickly for guides/manuals and even software, where is it hidden? PI 71. was right there under netweaver, did they rename it or bundle it?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should follow the same path as the installation files:  

Installations and Upgrades - N" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

I believe you are going to go ahead with PI 7.31 now.

For installation use SWPM (Variant SWPM10SP*.SAR) as it has been packed inside of Netweaver in General now, compared to older versions of PI which came all together differently.

Just fire the above SWPM version to Install PI 7.31

Regarding the Guides, as you must have understood by now that PI offering is a bundled Netweaver offering onward's evolution of NW73, so the best place to get started with in no time with the required documentation is here=> http://help.sap.com/nw731

For earlier PI releases (7.1, 7.11), it was separate here => http://help.sap.com/nwpi

-Akshay

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua

You can use Software provisioning manager ( SWPM ) for you installation. It is like installation master for multiple products. You will find it a lot more convenient .

Download SWPM from http://service.sap.com/sltoolset . You also need to download its kernel specific to SWPM along with it.

JDK is no longer required as SAP installers will bring there own. You will still need SL Controller , Database s/w and Kernel

Regards

Amit Padmawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are newer versions of PI have you considered those ? as PI 7.1 is quiet old.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second @Amit's comment, PI 7.11 is what was setup at my company and it has some quarks...look for info about Process Orchestrate (aka PO) that runs on Netweaver 7.3/7.31/7.4.

Also worth pointing out, my PI systems are dual stack and there is almost no work performed on the ABAP side; as you probably know the less things you setup, the less things you end up having to manage down the road.