Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank lines needed in address

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to Adobe Forms.Our client wnats blank lines in the address in case some part of the address is not found. For eg., if the 3rd line having the street name is not maintained in the system, it should print a blank line and then the remaining address lines . Can I achive the same using the address node or should I manullay fetch the address and insert the variables?

Thanks for your help.

BR,

Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Please follow the below given example and try to implement as per your requirement.

In Layout create a table as shown below:

And bind the Textfields with the required fields

In Import parameters, enter the NAME3 and Code1 fields as below

Press execute button

The out put would be as below

---

Naveen

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen. I'll try it and update here.

BR,

Shankar.

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Naveen,

Can you let me know how you were able to add 2 cells to the second row in the table?

BR,

Shankar.

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Insert a table with with 3 rows and 2 columns, then merge the cells of 1 and 2 columns of the 1st and 3rd rows.

---

Naveen

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please change the status as answered, if the issue is solved.

---

Naveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankarnarayan,

Two way to solve this.

First will be format your address in initialization event, and concatenate your address with special character carriage return after each line .

Second will be set your subform to be Flowed top to bottom, and in each of the line, check if ADRC-NAME3 == "" , hide the text object. By doing this, the next text object will goes up if the current line is blank.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Xiang !

I need the blank lines in case part of the address is not found, I dont want the lines below to move up. I think the solutions you have provided are for the lines to move up.

How do I retain blank lines ?

Thanks for your help.

BR,

Shankar.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

For address it is better to use 'Address' nodes and display.  As SAP take cares of the format to be displayed(as formats vary for different countries).  If any customization on address fields is required, fetching address and printing manually would be the option. 

Thanks,

Rakesh

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh.

In my case, the customer has given the address format like

ADRC-NAME3  on first line

ADRC-STREET and ADRC-CITY1 on second line

ADRC-CODE1 on third line and so on....

And if any of the ADRC data is not maintained in the system, he wants blank lines to be shown in its place. For eg, if ADRC-STREET is missing, then it should be

ADRC-NAME3  on first line

<Blank line> on second line

ADRC-CODE1 on third line and so on....

What do you suggest in this case ?

BR,

Shankar.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, instead of using address nodes.  Retrieve the address and place the fields as per the given format on the form. 

Thanks,

Rakesh