cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 ITS error - Initialization of WGate failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having problems with my ITS. This is a dual host installation running on IIS6.0. We first installed the <SID> instance on AGate host then proceeded to install with the install on Wgate. We then installed the ADM instance as well. Though the installation said successful, when we try to do a test with http://localhost:1080/scripts/wgate/its_ping/! we get a "500 ITS Error. The initialization of the web server extension (WGate) failed! Please check the trace file for further information.

This is weird. There are no files generated in the ..\Wgate\trace folders. We tried to access the URL with hostname, FQDN, IP address but still doesnt work. We checked the ports, registry files on both Wgate and AGate servers and they match. There are no firewall blockings between the servers as we are able to successfully telnet the ports being used.

Can somebody please help me out??

Thanks!!

Fahad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check the entries in the IACOR admn of both the wgate and agate?

Test if u r able to ping to the wgate host from the agate and the vice versa.

http://localhost:1080/scripts/wgate/its_ping/! instead of using localhost try with the IP address or check if your localhost has been set or not.

Pl refer snotes 456310

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the user authorizations of the user that starts the IIS. Also check the IIS Application Pool configuration.

Edgar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for ur help. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem is gone!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check SSM_CUST in sm30 if there is any entry under name ITS_PING_SWITCH_ON.

If it is there change its value to yes.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sapnote 188427 say the following regarding your error.

Pl check again.

2) "The initialization of the web server extension (WGate) failed!

Please check the trace file for further information."

In this case, ensure that ITS is installed under an account "ITSADMIN" that has local administration rights. If this does not help, you will find further information in the Wgate.trc (See <installation directory>/<virt. ITS>\traces). This trace file information is then evaluated by a member of SAP Support.

If the above notes have not helped you to eliminate the error, enter an OSS (Online Service System) message in application area BC-FES-ITS, specifying the following information:

1) ITS version

2) Web server (manufacturer & version)

3) System architecture and platform

4) Which application is being used? (Customer Development or SAP Standard)

5) Is the error reproducible? If the answer is yes, describe as exactly as you can how the error occured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check your windows event-logging and the IIS errorlog; that should clarify why there is a bootstrap problem. As Edgar stated; probably a priviledge error in accessing wgate.conf or the xml (its registry) files.

Regards,

Fekke