cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting a value to Cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my project requirement, they want to post a value of the Sales document to the Cost center.

I dont have much idea about that.

I know that we can maintain, we can maintain Cost center in OVF3 along with Order reason.

Does OVF3 entry means to say, we are entering our document values to the cost center.

Does Cost center posting will have any impact on Accounting Document?

As per my assumption, every sales order will have a cost (VPRS) and that will be posted to a Cost center, that what is the need for a seperate scenario to posting to a Cost center?

Could someone explain?

Regards,

Raja Durai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can post the cost of sales order in case of

1. Free of charge deliveries

2. In case of warranty scenario, service cost which is captured at sales order will be posted to cost center

3.  When components under warranty scenarios will also be posted to cost center

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me rephrase my questions once again.

For example, we maintained Cost center in OVF3 for a given Sales area and Order reason. Does it mean that all the values (Prices, Discounts, Freights, Taxes) in the Sales order will be posted to that Cost center?

Even if the Cost center is not maintained in OVF3, Cost will be captured in VPRS condition type and will be posted to Cost center automatically. I am just assuming that. Because in the Billing document we could find Accounting document, Cost document, Profit analysis document and Profit center document. So obviously cost is always captured apart from Revenue posting (VKOA).

Could you please explain me when Revenues will be posted and when Cost center will be posted?

Regards,

Raja Durai

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it mean that all the values (Prices, Discounts, Freights, Taxes) in the Sales order will be posted to that Cost center?

Yes because, the values would be posted to the assigned Cost Center for the combination of Sales Area and Order Reason which is at header level in sale order.  So ideally, you should have a different document type and pricing procedure for this from normal sales.  Moreover, there is no major part from SD side.  From FI side, they have to provide the cost center which should be assigned in OVF3 and you just have to assign that and test.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Enter Transaction Code FB50 in the SAP Command Field

In the next screen , Enter the Following

1. Enter the Document date
  2. Enter the Company code
  3. Enter G/L Account for the Debit Entry which is to be posted to the Cost  Center
  4. Enter Debit Amount
  5. Enter the Cost Center in which the Amount is to be posted
  6. Enter G/L Account for Credit Entry
  7. Enter Credit Amount

Press ‘Save’ Button for the SAP Standard Toolbar to post the Document

Check the Status bar for the Document Number of the Successful Entry.

Sunil

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos