Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wbs Adjust basic dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained following settings:

scheduling scenario : bottom-up

parameters for wbs scheduling: no tick on adjust basic dates.

But when I am scheduling the system is overwriting the basic dates of wbs elements with scheduled dates.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Resolved.

I changed to Free scheduling scenario and open planning. I found that the "adjust basic date" setting in wbs scheduling parameters is applicable only in case of free scheduling scenario.

Thanks,

Harsh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are using netwroks you should consider using Strict Bottom Up Planning and having the Networks Determine Dates.

In this way the scheduling that is done on the network activities will be reflected on the WBS elements.  With Free Scheduling the dates on the WBS elements and the NWA's can get out of sync.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a conflict in what you are asking the system to do.  The Adjust Basic Dates is controlling what happens to the WBS dates when you are perfroming Network scheduling.

It does not sound like you are using networks.  So this Adjust Bsc Date doesn't do anything.

The dates are being controled by your Bottom Up scheduling selection.  Higher level dates are changed only if the higher level dates are less than the summation of the lower level dates.  This is slightly different than strict bottom up.

If you do not want the dates to be changed then choose Open Planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using network scheduling.

Thanks,

Harsh.