cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out the following tables? (Solman, tec. monitoring, templates, metrics)

DominikEggimann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I want to make a compilation of all SAP metrics (Technical Monitoring). How can I find out where the metric data are stored now? For example: metric name, description, thresholds, etc.

Thanks, best regards...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may try whether information available in follown WD would help; there are options to export the templates here.

http://hostname:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wdc_mai_report_html?sap-client=001

http://hostname:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wda_mai_rep_multiple_html?sap-client=001

Regards,

Vivek

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those are some interesting links and I like the speed difference in retrieving the information!

Just to note, I had to specifically enable them as I received the typical HTML 403 error code when I first tried.

The wda_mai_rep_multiple_html one triggered a short dump when I tried to view some data with 'nulls', the wdc page seems more stable.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you may use the report AC_ALRT_ANALYSIS_TOOLS, this has lot more tools. The one which says ""Open Webdynprotools"" be of some interest to you. This report will be avilable as a txn code (MAI_TOOLS) in future SP level( 08 or 10). But if you are on SP07 or below then excecute the report directly to access all MAI tools related to Tech Mon.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Metric information is stored in the BI cubes that you have to install as part of the SolMan setup process.

DominikEggimann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for the reply. How can I watch this?
I want that I can show all the templates (with all metrics) of SAP customers. In order to decide afterwards what it takes and what not.

best regards

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not exactly sure I understand what you want to watch???

The default templates can't be modified, you have to create custom templates for changes; and even after you modify a custom template you can click on the HTML View options (Simple or Detailed) under the Template Settings tab.

DominikEggimann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes, I know. But it is important to me that I can show our customers (in a session on paper is best), what SAP presents for all templates.

If I have to go to each template, and this one save a html, well ...

Therefore I would like to create a compilation of the standard templates.

Thus, the customer could go through this. Can read the descriptions. And can decide which templates may be relevant to him.

best regards

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can select the default template provided by SAP and print the Detailed View to a pdf, providing the customer all of the possible metric information.

DominikEggimann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, but where can I find this in SAP?

Or do I have to select each template and save as HTML?

Thank you.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saving the HTML I don't think works as its supposed to as I think it still prompts you for a username/password (could just be my configuration), I have had much better luck printing it to a PDF printer on my PC and email the pdf out.

Also I did find this on the wiki, however it doesn't look like its been maintained (with all the templates, just the main ones) and I'm still waiting for Solution Manager edit access...  http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/SMS_Troubleshooting_MAI_System_Monitoring

This also does not provide the metric/threshold settings, but it would provide a list of what is under that particular template.