Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo RFC Destination to ECC not starting in EP

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had created a JCo RFC Destination to ECC 6.0 EhP6 from our EP 7.3 EhP1 fresh system. But the JCo RFC Destination is not getting started. Searched SCN and according to some posts, as we are using kernel 720, enabled the default profile parameter gw/acl_mode = 0 in the ECC system & restated ECC but still no luck. Host entries are maintained in each of the system and both the ECC & EP systems are pinging from each other.

The error from dev_jrfc.trc (in EP) is as below:

When starting the JCo RFC Destination in EP, it is not starting but I could see an entry from the EP system in the smgw (logged on clients) in ECC. Also when trying to start the JCo RFC Destination in EP, the user used in the JCo RFC Destination is logging in ECC (checked sm04 in ECC).

Could someone pls guide me to resolve the issue.

Br,

Saiganesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your inputs. Checked ECC system and found reginfo file which was already created for connecting our ECC system to TIBCO. So edited the reginfo file at OS level and created the following entries for EP system:

P TP=<JCo RFC Destination> HOST=local CANCEL=local ACCESS=local

P TP=<JCo RFC Destination> HOST=<EP IP Addr> CANCEL=local ACCESS=*

After adding the above entries in reginfo file, started the JCo RFC Destination in EP and then it was runnning fine . Also the related TCP/IP Rfc Dest to EP in ECC is fine.

But had a concern here i.e., I didn't add any of the profile parameters: gw/sec_info and gw/reg_info in ECC. But still its working fine after editing the reginfo file. Do I still need to maintain the profile parameters: gw/sec_info and gw/reg_info in ECC..?

Any kind of clarification would we great..!

Br,

Saiganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check these parameters with txn RZ11. May be this simply default value.

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

As explained above also,both the parameters gw/reg_info and gw/sec_info will point to the location of the files.

Now since you have edited the file ,and everything is running fine.

These parameters will already be maintained in the profile, therefore no need to maintain them.

Regards,

Himanshu

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Himanshu, Rishi, Roman & all for your inputs. Issue got resolved and hence closing the thread.

Br,

Saiganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Could you please check if there is a entry for <sid>adm in .rhost file ?

because to use an RFC service on a different host, the SAP Gateway (normally running under  <sid>adm) has to log on to the remote host using rsh or rexec. As a result, you need to maintain an .rhosts entry for <sid>adm on the remote host.

Regards,

Kaivalya Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check parameter values of gw/sec_info and gw/reg_info and check if these files exists. If they exists maintain required settings in them to allow program registration. gw/acl_mode defines the behavior of the gateway only if these files doesn't exists.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Are u using the same program ID in EP JCO connection as well as ABAP SM59 connection.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Yes I'm using the same program ID/name in EP JCo RFC Dest & in TCP/IP dest in ABAP.

Br,

Saiganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

can you please check the value.

1. Check if parameter "gw/reg_no_conn_info" is configured in the system.
  2. If yes, ensure that the files reg_info and sec_info are set up correctly, as described in SAP Note 1408081  Basic settings for reg_info and sec_info.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

I hope you have maintained sapms<SID> entry of your ECC system in the services file of EP, if not maintain the same and give it a try.

Cheers,

Vishal

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

I added an entry for ECC system in the services file of EP as below. But still it didn't work.

sapms<SID>        3605/tcp

Br,

Saiganesh.

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of 720 kernel, registration of external server program is controlled by profile parameters gw/acl_mode, gw_reg_info and gw/sec_info.

For security reasons, SAP has made it mandatory to use gw/reg_info and gw/sec_info to allow any external program to get registered on host.

So, entries of the host wanting to register program in gateway, has to be maintained in the file reg_info and sec_info.

Location of these files is maintained using gw/reg_info and gw/sec_info profile parameter.

If the files are created without any entries, then no external server is allowed to register external programs. If files are created then entries for the servers has to be maintained.

If the files are not created, then parameter gw/acl_mode can be used to control registration of external programs on the system.

gw/acl_mode = 0 will allow registration of external server program

gw/acl_mode = 1 will not allow registration of external server programs and you need to maintain reg_info and sec_info files.

More information about the same can be found in below SAP notes :

Note 1408081 - Basic settings for reg_info and sec_info

Note 1069911 - GW: Changes to the ACL list of the gateway (reginfo)

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Himanshu,

I had already make use of the parameter: gw/acl_mode = 0 in the ECC system. But still the JCo RFC Destination in EP is not getting started.

Br,

Saiganesh.