cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP6 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m planning to do a fresh installation of SAP ERP6.0 with EHP6 with SyBase DB platform.

I´ve been reading several documents(master,install guides,notes and sdn forum) but I´ve many doubt. Ive found this explanation:

New Installation of SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 6

You can install a new system with SAP ERP 6.0 enhancement package 6. After the installation the technical usage "Central Applications" is already installed.

Can I install directly a SAP ERP6.0 with EHP6? or I must to install first ERP 6.0 and after upgrade to EHP6?

How Sybase DB is installed? Previous to the ERP6.0 installation o during it?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Can I install directly a SAP ERP6.0 with EHP6? or I must to install first ERP 6.0 and after upgrade to EHP6?

When you install an ECC 6.0 system with EHP6 only the central components will be on EHP6. The technical usages level will remain at the base level which is 600.

You will have to upgrade them on the system by creating a stack file through a Solution Manager and using SUM.

How Sybase DB is installed? Previous to the ERP6.0 installation o during it?

SWPM/sapinst should take care of it. You just need to provide the installation files to it.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan for your answer.

Then Sybase is installed during the sap erp6.0 installation with sapinst, isn´t?

Can I install a ERP 6.0 with Sybase DB? In Pam says that is not support for ERP6.0 but that`s supported for ERP6.0 WITH EHP6.

Then I must to install SAP ERP6.0 with (oracle,mssql... db) and after that make the upgrade to ehp6 and the db migration? It´s so rare, isn´t?

Thanks again.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruben,

The sybase database will get install automatically during the sap installation ,during the installation it will ask you the the RDBMS CD file path .Good to go .

Thanks

Asim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you install the system with an EHP level , the core components ( ECC , CRM ,SCM ,etc depending on version you install) are directly available on that EHP level . The corresponding support pack level can be checked from Release Information Note , its recommended to upgrade to latest or n-1 SP level after installation for which you will require a stack that can be generated using Solution Manager and then upgrade can be done using SUM tool .

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan and Asim for yours answers.

But I´ve been reading the master guide and I´ve founded this:

There are three different scenarios to implement an enhancement package:

• Installation of an enhancement package on an existing SAP system (update)
  • New installation of an SAP system including an enhancement package (installation)
  • Upgrade of an SAP system including an enhancement package (upgrade)

The second point will be my case, but I don´t understand the mean of central component or technical component. After I´ve installed the ERP6.0 I must to install EHP6 with the MOPZ of Solution Manager and SAPup tool? Or There is an option to include the several DVD of EHP6 into sapinst and install all togheter?

During the installation of Sybase ASE via sapinst, I must to indicate only RDBMS DVD? or there are other dvd/patch to indicate into sapinst for to patch the database rdbms?

Thanks a lot

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

After I´ve installed the ERP6.0 I must to install EHP6 with the MOPZ of Solution Manager and SAPup tool?

You use Maintenance Optimizer to create a stack file for the upgrade.

You use the SUM tool to upgrade the system.

Regards

RB

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

New ERP 6.0 installation with EHP6 comes with Central Application Technical usage on 606 level. Central Application includes- SAP_APPL & EA-APPL packages. These packages comes with SP00. So, you need to upgrade your system to latest SP's before using it.

You can use SUM to upgrade packages to latest level.

Also, if you need to upgrade other technical usages like HCM, Industry Solution etc. then you can download those packages as well to upgrade in a single step. You need to download packages from MOPZ in solution manager.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then what option I´ve to select when I´ve installed the system with erp6.0 with ehp6, and want to update the components that are in the 600 level? Maintenance or EHP Installation?

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Maintenance or EHP Installation?

I always selected the option EHP installation to upgrade the components.

This worked out very well for me.

Regards

RB