cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I see logs of OData Service usage?

kevin_small
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have several OData services available. I want to see which are used.

Where in the system can I see logs of when and how often OData services are being used?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_small
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had thought a workaround for this could be to log the usage myself using some SQLScript in the OData user exit.  However the user exit is only available for create, update, delete calls and not for read.  So that won't work, unfortunately.

Anyone got any ideas, do OData read calls get logged anywhere?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can trace xsodata calls.  In the database trace you choose Show All Components and the search for xsa:<your package path>.  You can change from the default ERROR to the say debug. This will log the generated SQL Statements and other details.  However if you want to call the number of calls over time this might not be suitable.  This is really intended for troubleshooting.

kevin_small
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, thanks that is useful.

Eventually I can see customers will want to know which of their OData services are actually being used and by who or what.  Usage statistics logged over time would be very useful in future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My OLTP application as of now using MSSQL/odata, we have emulated the same functionality in SAP HANA. Now I want to compare the time taking in SAP HANA to process the request  with MS SQL.

I want to capture following things:

Start time and End Time retrieve data  inside SAP HANA db.

Number of records retrieved.

Please help and guide me...

scott_seaman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you devise a solution to meet your needs?

We are about to embark on our own data collection solution to track usage, would like to leverage anything that already exists.

scott_seaman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know of any solutions that have been implemented to track odata calls and/or mobile app usage statistics?  We are being asked to build our own, wondering if there are already good idea out there.

kevin_small
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, I did not pursue that OData logging question.

If you're interested in more general mobile app usage tracking, and are able to use a 3rd party, you've got lots of options.

In the past I have used Flurry to track mobile app usage, since bought by Yahoo.  I used it in a .NET environment, very easy to use and lots of interesting metrics out of the box - geography, hardware, usage counts, plus any bespoke events you care to log.  They now seem to be focused more on native iOS and Android but there does seem to an HTML5 library.  There's plenty other libraries, Google do one for example.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

georgina95
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I found this article that might be of use.