cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User default Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to configure user defaults# for different production connectors, but in event of doing so i am getting error "An entry exist with same key" in GRC->User Provisioning->Maintain User Defaults, I verified that there is no duplicate entries in the system.Is it possible to maintain the same user defaults for different connectors?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Did you raise the issue to SAP and got reply.

Now, for a client I am also getting the same issue. if you can provide the note number then will be great.

Regards,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI:

Issue no more existing, as earlier suspect issue came up when default I.D came up as 0.

Have just deleted with all dependent data and recreated, it works fine for me.

thanks

Regards,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ravi,

Its possible to maintain same user default for multiple system/connector.

Purpose of user default is to make default parameter for various system while provisioning.

(Have not noticed this error message)

This table/option has 'default-id' column as unique but this probably not the reason of error. since while saving its system generated.

Looks to be bug which can be reported to SAP/ or if already existing note then can use).

Regards,

Nishant

former_member324496
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI Nishant,

How did you make a user default id applicable for multiple systems?

E.g. you have 1 access request for a user to create an account in both ECC and BW (assignment via a business role contain roles for both systems). It should set the same user defaults in both systems. if we leave the connector field empty the user defaults do not work (in SPRO->AC>Prov>User Defaults). The BRF+ seems to return only 1 default-id.

Thanks,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I didn't find a way to make it work for specific multiple system with different setting, hence kept system details blank which have worked for my scenario. we just wanted to have same setting for different system based on country.

Regards,

Nishant

former_member324496
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks, unfortunately this does not seem to work anymore, when we leave the field blank the default is not triggered. We will raise an OSS. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Each user default requires an exclusive ID - which is then linked to a BRFplus rule "USER_DEFAULT_FUNCTION".

You need to also create a custom Decision table (Expression) within the BRFplus application and map your criteria there and the result equal to the ID maintained in SPRO ( GRC->User Provisioning->Maintain User Defaults).

i.e. If Request type = New, Company = X and Business Process = Finance , then "User_Default_ID" = 1 1 (which is mapped in SPRO).

Also, ensure the action "User Default" is assigned to the necessary Request Types where User Defaults requires to be provisioned.

This is how you maintain different/same defaults per systems etc.