cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should we do in APO , when PLANT will be deleted phisically in ERP by SLO?

0 Kudos

Hi experts.

My customer will delete some plant phisically in ERP by SLO.

they want to delete location in APO , too.

[ my questions ]

●Do you have any experience to deliver SLO for deleting Plant in ERP and location in APO ?

if you say yes , Please teach the following info.

Customer name , Project Duration , Cost , manday , contact person who can give us detail info about project .

if you say no,  What should we do in APO , when PLANT will be deleted phisically in ERP by SLO?

[preconditions]

●Solution: APO7.1( DP / SNP ) and ERP6.0

●SLO will deliver some service which will delete plant phisically.

●Industory : Chemical

Best regards

Kenji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can delete master data that you no longer need in SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO). However, you should note that in many cases dependencies exist between the data you are considering deleting and other master data or transaction data. You should therefore give careful thought to any planned deletion activities. You can only delete a location, for example, if there are no dependent products. This means that you may first have to delete the products that are dependent on the location in question. For certain master data, you can generate a where-used list prior to deletion.

For the object types "location", "product" and "transportation lane", you can set a deletion flag prior to actual deletion. This enables you to set the deletion flag for several objects of an object type and schedule the deletion itself as a background job, for instance.

Here are the steps I follow when I am clearing out a system,

1 ERP - Deactivate any CIFs

2 SCM - Run Delta reports (transactional data) /SAPAPO/CCR - CIF_DELTAREPORT3.  This probably won't work for you  in the orphan system if you have no attached partner system.  If it works, delete items that have no active models.

3 SCM - Report /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER u2013 delete all orders, including external.

4 SCM - Report /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21 clean up any inconsistent requirements.  This may not work if you have no attached system.

5 SCM - Report /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL clean up any old sd orders.  There is a newer version available for this program that may be available in your system:  /SAPAPO/ZRD_SDORDER_DEL.  Runs quicker, less confusing.

6 SCM - Correct LiveCache inconsistencies ALL data Txn SAPAPO/OM17

7 SCM - Delete all PPMs (ERP Production Versions).  Mass tool SAPAPO/PPM_DEL sometimes works.  This report must be run interactively, batch is NOT available.  This program does a poor job trapping errors, so any inconsistent orders against a PPM will cause this program to dump. For difficult to delete PPMs, try to delete all operations, save, inactivate, then delete.

8 SCM - If there are any existing orders which are preventing the deletion of any PPMs, you will have to find them using SAPAPO/OM16 and delete them using /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS.  This is a last resort!

9 SCM - Delete existing Resources (Work Centers)

10 SCM - Delete External Procurement relationships (purchase info records) - SAPAPO/MTI2

11 SCM - Delete Transportation lane material assignments,

12 SCM - Delete Manual Reservations.  No Standard program, use SE37 /SAPAPO/DM_RESERVATION_DELETE, enter name of logical system, blank for 'all' under IV_DELNR, otherwise do one-by-one.  

13 SCM - If any remaining orders prevent deletion of product masters, try /SAPAPO/VS_CONS_CHECK

14 SCM - if you elect to delete a material, all safety stock orders must be deleted.  Run SS heuristic.

15 SCM - Consider if Product Location masters and Product masters need to be deleted.   Delete as necessary using MASSD then product delete program.  Check dependencies using WUF.  Can only delete a few thousand at a time with WUF or you sometimes get 'no roll' dumps.

16 SCM - Fix IM Queue Errors, Outbound (& inbound if you are using it) This may have to be done several times, check after each step.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Your answer sounded vaguely familiar; the steps are remarkably similar (including the typos) to the steps found within my answer in  http://scn.sap.com/thread/1854209 .

I am honored that you are following my steps verbatim.  I feel my Karmic burden growing lighter.

Best Regards,

DB49