cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent,need some help with party set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i have a requirement in which my company has to send some documents to one of its client(and get back response as well).

now the client does not want to expose his internal setup so we are thinking of using HTTP.

therefore the whole scenario boils down to RFC-XI-HTTP(sync).

this is a B2B communication because the client is not in our landscape.

we have no clue how to go ahead with setting up of party,can anyone give some documents as to how we can go ahead with this requirement.

do we have to set up party by ourself or we have to buy some license from any International body?

any help will be really appreciated.

thanx

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

For setting up a party you dont need to buy any license. But if you are doing a B2B scenario which type of adapters you are going to use like seeburger etc?

But I feel your scenario is an RFC-XI-HTTP synchronous scenario. So I hope you dont need to create a party also.

Just check this weblog which is exactly opposite to yours:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Satish for your help.

i m still a bit confused about the party thing,where will i specify the party(in IR or ID?)

also can i give any name for party,if i can give any name then how will the receiver(who is outside our landscape) know about the sender,also do i need to use some adapter in between as well(like SeeBurger)?

thanx

ahmad

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u wud define it in ID ... refer to the following:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Prabhu

one more question,is there any way we can do a RFC-XI-HTTP(sync) scenario without party ,if both the sender and receiver are in an alltogether different landscape?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahmad,

you can do it .use service with out party and buiness serivces for different landscape systems.

regards

sreeram.g.reddy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah y not. for A2A scenarios u wud also be using without party

Answers (0)