Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report result dependency between shop order and shop order by step reports

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to run the shop order report and it shows the DONE qty is 996, which should be the right qty.

and then when I clicked the Shop Order Step button, it shows each operation the COMPLETED qty is approx 320, like OP_PCB_MARKING only 312 qty

This is confusing us that, some SFCs are missing by calculating the complete qty, can you please advise why this happens?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Those reports have different numbers of Qty because they are taken from different places of the WIP.

Shop Order Report is looking at QTY* fields of SFC table which track the actual current status of SFCs, however, SO by Step Report is based on QTY* fields of SFC_STEP table which track the processing history (status of the steps of SFC processing). And in fact, processing history and the current status of SFC have different meaning and can be affected by different productive and administrative actvities. Thus the actual correlation between numbers should be clarified manually in each case, though I would not exclude a chance of bug.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

I believe activities like Change Production or marking SFC as Done in SFC Steps Status could lead to such results. To dig deeper I would suggest that you collect ME SQL trace for both reports and then compare SQL statements that retrieve data. It may give a hint how it happens.

Br, Alex.