cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Proforma Billing Document with Reference from F8 to F5

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created proforma invoice based on delivery order (F8), but now user need to created proforma invoice based on sales order which is i need to change the document to F5.

The question is, can i change proforma invoice reference from F8 to F5? if cannot, do i need to create new proforma invoice billing type?

Please Help.

Thanks in advance,

SHAHIDA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Even if you have created proforma Billing F8 , you can very well create proforma with reference to sales order as well

just goto VF01, with reference to sales order, enter Billing type as F5 and execute, system will create proforma Invoice of type F5

hope it is clear

revert, if you need any further details

regards,

santosh

0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

Thanks for the reply.

i have tested just like what you are suggested. But error appear, " Sales Document cannot be invoiced with billing type F5". For your information, we used customized sales document type.

Regards,

Shahida.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you check whether copy control from your sales document type to Billing type F5 has been maintained or not

this error is due to copy control settings, maintain it in VTFA

regards,

santosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestion.

All those are correct.

I have done those configuration suggested and it works!

Thank you so much.

Regards,

SHAHIDA.

mangesha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shahida

You need to maintain the copy control for the customized Sales Order Type. Use T-Code VTFA to check if the required copy Control Exists. If not maintain the same,then repeat the process explained by Santosh.You should be able to able to create F5 invoice type.

Regards

Mangesh.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shahida,

As correctly suggested by Santosh, as proforma invoice does not have any financial impact it will allow you to create another one with reference with reference to Delivery or Sale order.

Just need to check your copy control whether you have maintained B/W Sales Document Type and Billing Document type(F5).

Regards,

Ajit K Singh