cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SQL Anywhere database to SUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed sql anywhere 12.0 on my local machine, and was able to connect and deploy a table (in demo database) as a mbo to a remote SUP server.  I developed the app in sup sdk and successfully push to my iphone through HWC. my problem is the table data is clearly shown on the server, but won't shown on my phone. 

Is there is any reason behind it?

connection profile i used:

Here is the data shown on the remote server:

but i won't be able to see the data on iphone, the "customers" button

doesn't work:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leigh,

What I feel from above details that you are trying to execute findAll object query on device which is actually taking much more time to display entire data.

Workaround is you can filter the data by creating object query manually.

Rrgds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jitendra, I cut down the table to 10 records, it still doesn't show anything.

I have two questions:

1. when MBO is deployed to the server, does the fact that the data source is from another machine slow down its performance ? because if I connect to a table located at the same server as SUP, I don't have that problem.

2. is there any other database that will perform better ? SQL Anywhere also come with QAnywhere, UltraLite, and MobiLink.  Is any of those things better ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Leigh

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leigh,

If both servers (sup & backend) are on same network then there shouldn't be any performance issue.

I am not sure about your second query because I never faced any issues while working with SQL Anywhere.

Can you try to execute a single row rather than 10.. If data is coming on device it means there is no problem with MBO and app designing.

Rrgds,

Jitendra

Answers (0)