cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB access is extremely slow after upgrading from R/3 to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After upgrading from R/3 to ECC, severe performance issues have been found in the system, as an example, in ME23N enter  a PO number and hit enter, it then hanging and lasts for many hours without displaying any results. in SM50, I can see the long time sequential read on table EKET, EKBE.

The same issues are also seen in table COSS, KEKO...I suspect there is something happening on the Database since several tables are having the same issue. The issue is in testing system, in development system, there is no such issue, the performance is very good.

Can anybody give me some idea on this issue?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your OS and DB release ? It is understood your development system doesn't have any performance issue and issue only exists in Testing system..

Are application and DB parameters tuned after making the TEST system ready before or after upgrade ?

As a first check , I would suggest to check DB and application parameters after upgrade and perform some optimization checks like DB statistics based on your DB release.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

You can check the database statistics have been collected on DB13. Secondly, you can dump the process state by using oradebug command at the os level.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

thiago_cavalheiro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Take an AWR report of the timeframe where you see the bad performance. Use at most 5 snapshots otherwise the report will not be very helpful. Check out whether the DB time is high comparing to the elapsed time. If you have a very low DB Time for the time window of the report even though the system was performing poorly, then you should check from an application perspective as this is most likely caused externally to the database.

Otherwise, check what are the top wait events you see in the report, check whether the average wait time for them is high (more than 15ms, depending on the event), check the percentage of db time as well. Then look for notes with the event that seems to be impacting your system, there you will find some guidance on how to resolve it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Thiago