cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI JAVA 7.03 rev30 configuration files problem

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just installed the SAP GUI Java 7.03 rev30 on my Mac (OS X 10.8.5) ...

I know there are already some discussions about that but WHY the configuration files are not working by default??

When I try to create a new system, it just don't work, the system field is mark as an obligatory field but it ignore anything I type ...

very frustrating process ... it is so simple with the SAP GUI for windows, you add a system than your configuration files get updated (config.ini ...)

I know where the configuration files are located on Max OS (/Users/alexandregiguere/Library/Preferences/SAP/)

they are all blank, I don't want to edit these files using a text editor manually, that is the purpose of the GUI itself

in the preferences, logon, there are 5 field and they are all empty

please help

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try to store the configuration file on a web server and then under Options/Preferences/Configuration specify "http://xxxxx/config.ini" for configuration file.

Thanks.

Jim

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos
RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

when it is so simple with the SAP GUI for Windows, it seems that someone already has done the configuration for you containing the message servers, system names, port numbers …

You might want to reuse this information in SAP GUI for Java instead of starting from scratch.

Please refer to the Literature section of the SAP GUI family page where to find conversion scripts.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

no, I did it myself, let say I just want to add one system and I already know the system ID, instance number, application server, why the GUI does not allow me to just add this system ?? why there is a create icon in the GUI if it does not work, you see my point ? maybe something else is missing ...

do I have to add this information manually in the configuration files myself ? does not make sense

thanks

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Then you can go to the Advanced tab and enter the connection manually according to chapter

9.1 Technical Background - Connection Strings.

Hope this helps

Rolf-Martin

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks, finally it works (using the advanced tab), I input my connection string et voila

I am still wandering why we can't add it from the first tab, strange

thanks

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create configuration files and provide it in configuration.