Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Batches with COO on Export Documents

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I looked through the forum and didn't see anything really relevant for exports. Is there a solution already existing for handling multiple batches with different country of origin for exports?

Is billing sub-items the only solution? I cannot believe that batch information cannot be sent through the GTS Plug-in without having to change the whole picking, packing and billing process.

Thank you in advance for any comments and/or solutions.

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Across the EU (as far as I know, and at least in the UK), CofO is not mandatory in the Export Declaration.  I have no idea of the situation for US.

If CofO is not needed, then you can consolidate the batch-split items in ERP by configuring the correct Billing Relevance in the SD Item Category.

If CofO IS needed for your operation, then I don't think I understand the question.  Surely you must already have separate sub-items in the Outbound Delivery, and the picking / packing process to support them?

Regards,

Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

No, we do not use sub-items in all divisions in the US. That seems to be my dilemma. Basically, you are saying that a single batch can be a sub-item and that must be configured for Billing so that it is sent to GTS. In GTS, I would see the sub-items with the individual lines with corresponding COO.

Is that correct?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Yes.  Depending on the Billing Relevance (ask your SD consultant), you can either transfer the top / main / parent item (whatever you like to call it), or the individual sub-items that have been split in the Outbound Delivery using Batch Determination or the results of Picking.

If you transfer only the main item, the CofO information will be lost; otherwise your Export Declaration will have one item for each sub-item in the proforma, each with the CofO from the batch, as Dhilipan explains.

Regards,

Dave

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

As Dave said, this is already available in standard.

You will find the COO copied from the batch master to the Foreign Trade tab of the Delivery batch item level.

And the same will be copied to the Proforma Invoice or will be redetermined based on the settings that you do in the copy control from Del->Proforma.

This will in turn be pushed to GTS Export documents.

Regards

Dhilipan