cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Update Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We just got an SAP HANA Appliance from SAP with SP04 installed.  We have not installed SAP Instance yet.  We are just wanting to update SAP HANA first and then do the SAP Install.   I am pretty new to SAP HANA and was wondering if someone can just guide me through the basic update from SAP HANA SP04 to SP06. 

I see that SP04 does not have HLM installed (no HLM sub directory under /hana/shared/<SID>/ folder)  but was installed using SUM (So how do I update SUM to SP05?). What should be the procedure to update?

Also wondering what the sequence should be for the  update: Here is what we think it should be..

SAP HANA STUDIO Rev 66

SAP SUM to SP05

Install HLM SP06

Update from SP04 to SP05

Update from SP05 to SP06

Please correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would do the following:

• download SAP HANA components (i.e. rev66, saphostagent, HLM)
  • update the saphostagent to the latest version (has to be at least version 153)
  • install HLM latest revision
  • update studio on your laptop to rev66
  • update HANA instance using HLM

This will save you a lot of time configuring SUM, and HLM does not need SUM so you may as well bypass it.

Also see scenario B: http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2013/07/19/sap-hana-lifecycle-manager-how-to-get-it

Regards,

Serge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dane,

Most of the time, this would be done  by hardware vendor who supplied your HANA appliance.

Please check on this. If no contract with your hardware vendor, then you can do it yourself if you have prior linux and SAP install experience.

Reply after checking this.

Thanks!

Raj