cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute view content from SLT system tables like KNA1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I  have strange issue with Attribute view created on tables from SLT system. I created a view on KNA1 and MARA . when I tried to do a DATA PREIVIEW with my user id  nothing comes up . This is same for Analytical view. But when I try to view the content from SYSTEM User Id everything comes up for both Attribute and Analytical Views. I checked the Authorizations for both my User Id and SYSTEM id for SLT sytem  and they look same.

I am on SP06 and does any body come across this kind of scenario?

If yes  and found solution please let me know. I really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

Sree C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Sree,
Can you please check for your user, these roles are assigned or not:

<REPLICATION SCHEMA>_DATA_PROV
<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_POWER_USER
<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_USER_ADMIN
<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_SELECT

where <REPLICATION_SCHEMA> is your SLT configuration name.

Atleast you need to have <REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_SELECT role assigned to your user.

Regards
Raj
Former Member
0 Kudos

All these roles are assigned to me and checked again to make sure . But same issue.

Not sure what to do here?

any help in this regard very helpful.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The very common point mentioned earlier, did you check if _SYS_REPO has been granted access to the schema holding data tables ?

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <data_tables_schema> TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Give select authorization on your SLT schema to _SYS_REPO. The syntax has given by ravindra.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

The access is given to _sys-_repo. As I said earlier  am able to see the result set when I execute the view with User Id SYSTEM, but not from regular user id like my own. It has all authorizations need for SLT sytem like SELECT,

_DATA_PROV

_POWER_USER

_USER_ADMIN. Not sure why am not able to get the result set?

Thanks

sree

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Just to be very sure, can you please take the SQL from the data preview (click on the View log button on the right hand side top corner) and execute it in SQL editor. Please post the error message you receive. That will help understanding the exact issue.

Secondly, from the user can you fire a simple SELECT statement against the tables in the schema. If not, please post that error message too.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As every body asked , here are the some screen shots, I was not in town all these days.

Let me know if you find anything from my attachment.

Am able to view data from other Catalog/Schema which are created by me for custom tables. Only Issue with SLT system.

Thanks for  your patience and hopefully looking for some resolution from you.

1. 1.Log code

2. Execution of SQL manually. NO  Result but no error message too.

SELECT TOP 200 "KUNNR", "LAND1", "NAME1", "DUNS"

FROM (SELECT "KUNNR","LAND1","NAME1","DUNS" FROM "_SYS_BIC"."SLT_TEST/AT_KNA1") TMP

3.If I run the same with User ID SYSTEM

4. If I do direct call on table KNA1 , will get result.

5. SYS_REPO  Profile

Thanks,

Sree

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great. That helps. Can you please also check the privileges assigned to SREE. Does it have PUBLIC role. Does is have object privilege on _SYS_BIC (Select, execute) and the SLT schema (Select) containing tables ?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is authorization for SREE

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

I am sure the situation must be frustrating for you. From the screenshots, I can't figure out what is the issue. All the required authorizations / roles seem to be assigned to the user.

I can think of only 2 options.

1) Set up the trace and check if any dynamic privilege is restricting the data output

2) Raise a OSS message with SAP.

May be some security experts / Basis team can provide more insight on this topic.

Regards,

Ravi

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything seems to be fine. A bit interesting scenario!

I would request you to open an OSS with SAP , ASAP.

BR

Prabhith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

The session client of  User SREE is set to 000. Where as the MANDT value of the tables is 800. Try changing the session client of User SREE to 800 and try.

Hope this resolves the issue.

Regards,

Rashmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

It worked but still some confusion why it is working for User ID SYSTEM even  it has 000 as session id?

Thanks again..

Am assigning points to you.

Sree

Answers (0)