Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas vs. load balancing with SAP Web Dispatcher

s0007226202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Question , with a customer we are implementing SAP Screen Personas in a SAP ERP environment that is configured in a load balancing configuration with SAP Web Dispatcher and multiple web application servers in SAP ERP.

Does this impact the SAP Screen Personas implementation / configuration in any sense, and if so, how ?

In the configuration guide, we found no references to this type of system landscape.

ps. we are working in a distributed "central personas" setup with a single central main system,and multiple "target" backend systems

Tnx!

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has been a while since I've worked with the web dispatcher. My recollection is that it essentially acts as a proxy between client and app server, distributing the requests across multiple app servers as appropriate. As far as the client is concerned, the web dispatcher is the app server. Is that right?

I would expect Personas to work just fine in that scenario. The end user would connect to the web dispatcher, and you'd need to use the web dispatcher address in the Personas system config as the Server.Url property. That said, I don't have a web dispatcher running here to test it out.

I wonder if anyone on the Personas team has tried it. ?

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Yes you are right. Web dispatcher is an entry point to for HTTP(s) request into your system having one or more app servers.

To add any target system in the main system, Personas should have access to the restgui service based on the address entered as Server.url.

s0007226202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

So i guess in the configuration of the target systems in SPRO on the main system, we have to pass the URL to the /RESTGUI service on the load balancer host, and not on the applicatoin server itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right. Treat the web dispatcher as if it was the app server.

Answers (0)