cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your experience with the maintenance utility for owners in CRC Access Control 10.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you use a seperate maintenance tool?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meta,

I am not aware of a separate maintenance tool for owners, and I am sorely disappointed in the all the steps required to configure owners. It is bad enough to have to set them up in SU01 with their security roles and also configure them in the Setup area in NWBC, but to have to configure them in three different areas before you can then go to the Access Management tab to assign them, risk by risk, to users or roles, and then do the whole thing all over again in TEST and PROD. IMHO it is entirely too tedious and open to human error, with all the manual repetition of steps.

Perhaps I missed some published shortcut method tips, and someone else here will educate us all.

Gretchen

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen

Good summary - each time security is achieve through additional User Id configuration settings it becomes highly administrative to maintain. By having Owner set up you must maintain a manual step in CUP processes if assigning GRC system access (e.g. send notification to security when specific role is requested so they can maintain the Owners)

Also, I the mass update for role owner would be great if you could mass reset default approvers and automate that for when you change you Role Owner to Condition Group mappings!

I didn't see any short cuts either but instead tried to use Agent Rules that didn't reply on some of those Owners and instead put them to PFCG roles.