Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling attachment

helloanikolkata
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have a scenario SOAP to JDBC. So soap can have multiple attachments. I need to all the attachments to a folder and the SOAP payload will map to a stored procedure.

I design it as below...

1) Create a zip file with all the attachments.

2) Delete the separate attachments.

3) Read the zip file and pass it to a BLOB field of the stored procedure.

I am trying to avoid JAVA IO to read the attachment and place those directly to a folder by JAVA program.

Step 1 I have completed and stacked in 2 & 3.

I have check blog http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26528 for zipping (step 1).

I find another similar type blog to pass input file to BLOB http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/03/28/sap-xipi-storing-binaries-images-...

Can you please help me regarding this.

Thanks,

Anirban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

As you mentioned you should use both my article: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26528 & and my blog: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/03/28/sap-xipi-storing-binaries-images-... colletively to achieve your requirement.

Few corrections,

1) Create only Zip file Stream (no physical file) with all the available attachments from incoming SOAP message.

2) Use Graphical mapping with UDF. The UDF should have both attachments zipping fuctionality and as well toHexString(byte[] bytes)   functionality

3) Don't forget to enable read attachments option in operation/interface mapping

4) try the below UDF code and let me know the result

Questions,

1) how many stored procedures do you have in your requirement? I mean do you pass both payload content and hex decimal zipcontent to single stored procedure?

2) what is your pi version?

Combined UDF code with Zip and hexadecimal functionality (Note:-map this UDF output to BLOB field of JDBC structure in graphical mapping. Map rest of the stored procedure fields with payload fields as per requirement)

String attachmentID = null;  

String contentIDS = ""; 

StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();   

java.util.Map map;   

AbstractTrace trace;     

//Hexadecimal characters corresponding to each half byte value.   

char[] HexChars = {   

'0', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7',   

'8', '9', 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f'   

};   

//gets the input attachment from the source message   

GlobalContainer globalContainer = container.getGlobalContainer();   

InputAttachments inputAttachments = globalContainer.getInputAttachments();   

OutputAttachments outputAttachments = globalContainer.getOutputAttachments();   

trace = container.getTrace();   

map = globalContainer.getParameters();   

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration) map.get(StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);   

DynamicConfigurationKey contentIDSKey = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://test.com", "contentIDS");   

ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();   

ZipOutputStream zos = new ZipOutputStream(baos);   

try   

{   

//checks for the availability of attachments in the input message   

if(inputAttachments.areAttachmentsAvailable())   

{   

trace.addInfo("Attachments Available");   

//gets the attachmentIds and store it in an Object array   

Collection<String> CollectionIDs = inputAttachments.getAllContentIds(true);   

Object[] arrayObj = CollectionIDs.toArray();   

//Loops at the input attachments to get the content of the attachment   

for(int i =0;i<arrayObj.length;i++)   

{   

attachmentID =(String)arrayObj[i];   

contentIDS = contentIDS + (i+1) + ") " + attachmentID + "; ";   

trace.addInfo("Attachment no: " + (i+1) + " & Name: " + attachmentID);   

Attachment attachment = inputAttachments.getAttachment(attachmentID);   

byte[] attachmentBytes = attachment.getContent();   

trace.addInfo("Creating Zip Entry for attachmet no: " + (i+1));   

zos.putNextEntry(new ZipEntry(attachmentID));   

zos.write(attachmentBytes);   

zos.closeEntry();           //Close each zipentry after writing it to stream   

//remove each attachment if required. Uncommonent below   

//trace.addInfo("Removing Attachment no: " + (i+1) + " & Name: " + attachmentID);   

//outputAttachments.removeAttachment(attachmentID);                                                                  

}   

zos.close();   

conf.put(contentIDSKey, contentIDS);  

byte[] bytes = baos.toByteArray(); 

int i;   

for (i=0; i < bytes.length; i++)        

{   

sb.append( HexChars[( bytes[i] & 0xf0 ) >>> 4] );   

sb.append( HexChars[bytes[i] & 0x0f] );   

//sb.append(HexChars[(bytes[i] >> 4) & 0xf]);   

//sb.append(HexChars[bytes[i] & 0xf]);   

}   

}              

}   

catch (Exception e)   

{   

e.printStackTrace();   

}   

return ("aa" + sb.toString()); //**IMPORTANT: map this generating UDF output (no input to UDF required) to BLOB field of JDBC. If required remove "aa" extra byte if it works without extra byte. 

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Message was edited by: PRAVEEN GUJJETI (** Java code updated)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible with PI standards.