Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find roles, where * is used as part of the value ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to find all roles, where * is part of the field value for S_TCODE, but I don't know which criteria to use in SUIM and/or SE16 (table AGR_1252)

Examples could be:

1) The value could be: A*

2) The value could be a range: A* - MM03

Does anyone know how to find these roles ?

PS: I know, that I can use #* in SUIM to search for roles with full authorization, but that is not, what I'm looking for here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would expect *#** to match anything that contained a star, including a field with just *. If you want to exclude such fields then *+#** will match anything containing a star that is also at least two characters long.

Steve.

5 REPLIES 5

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would expect *#** to match anything that contained a star, including a field with just *. If you want to exclude such fields then *+#** will match anything containing a star that is also at least two characters long.

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve

You just made my day!

🙂 Peter

0 Kudos

And you just made mine

Steve.

0 Kudos

Peter,

You apply Steve's recommendation on table AGR_1251 and get the desired results rather than AGR_1252.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a dummy value like Steve's solution to find the values that have a * value. The tricky thing is if you don't want to find * values but you want to find range values like a*-mm01. If you use a dummy value like "#" than this range will not show up in your results (pls correct me if i'm wrong).

maybe make a download from UST12 and have a look at where the object s_tcode have a von and bis value assigned to filter the assigned s_tcode ranges?