Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing email on Request for Change

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following issue.

I want to use the function More - Send E-Mail on my Request for Change (transaction type YMCR, copy from SMCR).

To do this, I have added copy control entries for YMCR to 0005 Outgoing Email.

(IMG activites "Define Copying Control for Transaction Types" and "Specify Mapping Rules for Copy Control").

Now, this functionality works.

However, the Outgoing Email now also appears in the "Request for Change Scope" assignment block...

Is there any way to suppress this in the Scope block?

Many thanks in advance for advice on this,

Kind regards,

Joyca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have you set the catagory properly for the outgoing email transaction type 0005, please check

Note 1587298 - CRM_UI: E-mail not available as follow-up transaction

and also here for other guidance on email subject and text change

Thanks

Jansi

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the information.

I checked the note and the document, but all the settings are correct.

My email does work correctly. The only problem is that it also appears in the scope block.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Please remove the outgoing email entrie in copy control rule

Select the ZMCR or( custom SMCR type) ,double click the copy control rules and remove the  outgoing email entries.

Rg,

Karthik

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Thank you for the suggestion, but this is the same that Vivek has said already.

This does work indeed, but then I cannot map Text objects anymore. I would like the Description for Change and Reason for Change to be copied into my mail. This can only be acchieved if copy control rules / maping rules are maintained. But it are also these rules that are responsible for adding the mail to the scope block. So I'm kind of stuck there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

You need to check with SAP or check with Dolores Correa / Michael Vollmer for more clarification on this queries .

Rg,

Karthik

0 Kudos

Hello Joyca,

Karthik is right. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to differentiate between a follow-up (as defined in copy control) that should be listed in the Scope AB and a follow-up option that should NOT be listed.

I have contacted the responsible people at SAP and I hope we can improve this soon.

Best regards

Tobias

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Tobias for this confirmation.

I also hope this will be improved. I think it is also important towards knowledge articles, to be able to differentiate between scope and non-scope follow-ups.

Regards,

Joyca

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Try removing the YMCR to 005 mapping in Specify Mapping Rules for Copy Control SPRO node. This mapping is not really required here. I too have the mapping maintained in IMG activites "Define Copying Control for Transaction Types" only and it is working fine.

This mapping is not maintained in Specify Mapping Rules for Copy Control

Regards,

Vivek

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for that.

The thing is, in the Mapping Rules I can specify the copying of texts from the ticket, such as the Description and Reason for change (map text types CR01 and CR02 to A002), and then those are copied into the mail text.

I tried using Mail Forms to get some text in the mail body as well, but I can't find them back in the manual mail, and in an automatic mail action which sends a form, it is not possible to choose to whom it is sent.

Now, the possibility to use More - Send E-Mail as such is already good, even without the copying of the texts in it. But it would have been nice...

I find it strange that documents, which are not classified as Change Documents, still pop up in the scope assignment block.

Same problem with Knowledge Articles actually. If someone would want to use follow-up knowledge articles on RfC's, then text mapping would also be necessary, but then again the KNAR would appear in the Scope block...

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Just to check the configuration, I maintained the copy control as you mentioned (map text types CR01 and CR02 to A002) in my system.

That did not cause any issue in scope assignment block !

Only the Change Documents are displayed in the dropdown. So is it a configuration issue somewhere in your system? may be.

Regards

Vivek

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I tried this on another system, and I had the same issue.

I did find out however why you don't get the Outgoing email in your scope block:

You probably only maintained mapping rules for "ZZCR - 0005 - project type blank".

In your test ticket 8000000939, you probably entered a project in the Details. If you remove the project there, the outgoing email will appear in the change category block. (Or at least that is what happened in my tests)

I actually entered the mapping rules for all project types (like for the change document types, I, M T and U projects), so even if a project is filled in, the outgoing email appears in the scope list.

Also, I noticed that if I only have mapping rule ""ZMCR - 0005 - project type blank", then the Description and Reason texts are not copied into the mail. I need the entries for I, M, T and U projects for that.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Yes, you are right in guessing; when I maintained the Project Type in mapping, this is what I get;

May be the Developers at SAP side should give you answer on the logic behind such coding. I do not see any point in bringing Email in Change Category .

Regards,

Vivek