cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the first time i am going to install TREX for Erecruitment and have no idea how to proceed.

we have ECC 3 system landscape and EP 3 system landscape.

Erecruitment is an addon on ECC system,

Now i need to install TREX and not sure where to install,

1. Do i need separate server or can i install it in ECC DEV Server or EP Server..?.

2. Is one installation of TREX is sufficient for complete landscape or we need to install for each server (DEV, QAS and PRD)

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Rabah...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Do i need separate server or can i install it in ECC DEV Server or EP Server..?.

The answer to this question depends on the sizing that you have done for the TRex usage and the weathere you have memory and the CPU to handel it.

Note 1266024 - TREX 7.1 Sizing for Embedded Search

Trex can be installed on both windows and unix.

2. Is one installation of TREX is sufficient for complete landscape or we need to install for each server (DEV, QAS and PRD)

I dont think One is sufficient. you should have at least two env to do testing one for each landscape and Separate for production.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

In then SAP help link which you provided..

please let me know whether TREX can be installed on windows 8 or not..because in the above link it is said that..

"

TREX 7.1 supports the 64-bit operating systems Microsoft Windows Server 2003/X64 and LINUX SUSE SLES9/X86_64. By concentrating on these 64-bit operating systems, SAP was able to significantly improve the search and indexing functions provided by TREX. "

Please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I check the PAM but was not able to find windows 8.

As per the below note.

Note 965097 - TREX 7.1 platforms

Starting with the next major release of SAP NetWeaver, TREX (expected to be labeled "TREX 7.1") will only support the following platforms:

-> Microsoft Windows 2003-64 on x64 processors

-> Microsoft Windows 2008-64 on x64 processors

Note 1003900 - TREX 7.1: Central note

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

please let me know whether TREX can be installed on windows 8 or not..because in the above link it is said that

NO.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/60c18eb014501ae10000000a42189b/content.htm

Also check this SAP note

Note 1093900 - Upgrade from TREX 7.0 to TREX 7.1

Note 965097 - TREX 7.1 platforms

Regards

RB

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabah

You can install the Trex instance in windows 2003/2008/2012 64bit OS & Linux, because we have in our environment live windows 2008 server 64 bit os and also  we tested in the Windows 2012 OS in DEV systems its working fine.

Kindly refer the SCN link  - http://scn.sap.com/message/14321627#14321627

Thanks

Ram

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The question is Windows 8 and NOT Windows 2008

Regards

RB