Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Router and post installation procedure of SOLMAN

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Finally I managed to install SAP Solman with no error messages, install log itself looks good. Also I managed to start SAP Solman with the default instance 00, client 001 and succeeded with SAP* login. Also I executed Solman_setup transaction and finished the very first steps, but have stacked with SAP router, so therefore I did not manage to complete all procedures that are needed to be set in solman_setup .
I've opened the ticket with SAP and registered external IP address of my Solman server as my router's IP, firewall has been configured correctly – ping of SAP router's Ip returns positive values.

Configured SAP router on my end as it's written here: https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/saprouter-sncdoc at least i do hope that everything has been configured as needed, because no error messages is being generated

There are 2 issues that troubles me:
-When I execute saprouter –r –K "p:my data goes here" command prompt window hangs on 'trcfile dev_rout no logging active' screen and nothing happens (see printscreen) . I think that smth is wrong, but have no idea what can be cause of the issue.

-When I execute oss1 in SAP gui -> technical settings and add information to SAPROUTER 1 area press login information then I got pop up window which says that'Unable to connect to SAPNET  message server….', so most likely SAP router configuration on my side is faulty?

From where do i need to start? Is there a way how to troubleshoot sap router from my side, or better to open technical message with SAP supp here?

many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, you have to define your saprouttab

Regards

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose!

Already done. here are the lines from my saprouttab

KT "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" 194.39.131.34 *

KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" * 3299

P * * *

Imho, they look good, no errors while starting SAP router

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mister,

Security wise your saprouttab is completely open as per your details above.

1. Can you telnet port 3299 in <your saprouter IP>?

2. Is sapdp99 maintained in your services file with port 3299?

Simple test will be to replace sapdp99 for 3299 in the saprouter script.

Also a helpful info for u:-

You should create one entry per system rather than * *

1. SNC-connection from SAP to local R/3-System for Support

KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" <System_IP> 32XX

1. Access from your local Network to SAP R/3 Frontend (OSS)

P * 194.39.131.34 3299

1. All other connections will be denied

D * * *

This info is available at service.sap.com/saprouter

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try the below steps.

To start the sap router use the below commnad.

saprouter -r -K "p:CN=<name of the server>, OU=<>, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" -R /<directory where saprouttab is kept>/saprouttab -G /<directory where saprouttab is kept>/saprout.log -T /<directory where saprouttab is kept>/saprout.trc -W 60000 &

Details in the saprouttab.

KT "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" 194.39.131.34 *

KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"           *  3299

P  * * *    

Now check

sapgenpse get_my_name -n validity

this will show till when the cert are valid.

Hope all the port are open between the saprouter that you installed and the sap application

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ths. Well, I repeated the procedure once again and now it works great, finally

Also i found the cause of the issue, the problem was with srcert library file,  for some unknown reason the file was corrupted and not saved with the latest changes.

There are no error lines in sm59, solman_setup process also is green (no errors) in the second step where system is being checked.

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, much appreciate, will reconfigure saprputer file as per your notes!

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to execute following in case of SNC router.

Saprouter -r -S <port> -K "p: <Your Distingiushed Name>"

-K tells the saprouter to start with loading the SNC library.

Example: saprouter -r -S 3299 u2013K "p:CN=KPL60020686, OU=0000038946,OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"

Thanks,

Himanshu

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Himanshu,

Done already, CMD screen does not return any error messages, it just stopped with the following text "trcfile dev_rout no logging active", no error messages...So, is therea  way how to check the status of SAP router from my side. My 2 cents - it does not work as it should

sm59 generates error if I go to ABAP->SAPOSS

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

If CMD is not returning any error msg then, your saprouter is started.

Now do as below:-

1. Make sure SAProuter is defined correctly in OSS1;

2. Recreate SAP-OSS connection in DSWP --> Settings --> Global settings, also make sure SAPOSS is working before you do it.

Also go through the below link:-

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/04/27/oss1-rfc-connections-saposs-sap...

Hoepe it helps

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Most likely oss1 is the weakest part of the chain here , when I test Connection parameters with transaction sm59, then I'm getting

Connection Error

Error when opening and RFC connection (LB: Hostname or service of the message server....)

I believe that this message is smth very trivial, but I do not have even the foggiest idea in what way to proceed. I've tried all well known definition formats in Oss1, even added both hosts to hosts.ini file in Windows, anyway, still no luck.

is there a way how to check if my routertab file has been defined correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mister,

Check out this link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/788230