cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS MSS source code transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are currently in the phase of moving code to QA ( Lot of source code changes have already moved to QA) and parelly the testing in QA has started.

So far so fine. Hail SAP

My major concern is, when users want some minor changes and want to to see the changes in QA the next day or something like that, I am transporting the entire source code to QA all the 630 odd DC are getting re built in QA and it takes around 6 hours for the code transports.

Is there a better way where just the DC is contention(where changes have been made) is assembled and transported to QA and re-build in the QA system does a rebuild of just one DC in contention rather than all the 630 DCs?

Please advise.

regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sameer

I assume QA is post assembly phase and is connected to Test in NWDI. The assembly phase involves recreation of the SCA , but i dont think this should take six hours , does this six hour include deployment also, have u timed how much time it takes for deployment?

Regards

Pran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

If you have multiple SC's it will take less time when you assemble, bcoz in CMS assemble we have a option of selecting a particular SC, if you have all dc's under one SC then it will take time, to reduce time generally increase the RAM size on server, that's the only option.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pran,

Thanks for the reply. the 6 hours is for the deployment into Test runtime system ( QA Portal). The assembly takes around 30 - 45 minutes, thats alright, But the deployment into QA takes nearly 6 - 8 hours. I think this is becuase it tries to deploy the entire SCA. But this is painful as we have some minor changes going to QA pretty often.

Any advice.